CAL New Hire Equipment Estimation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

KozzyCFI

For all of you who are interested, here's a reasonable guess about what new hires may be given this fall and into next year. Based off of the min staffing levels listed on the 07-06 system bid sheet published by CAL and then subtracting the actual awards given to current CAL pilots, you come up with the following vacancies which would presumably be staffed by new hires:

11 CLE 737 FO
196 EWR 737 FO
159 IAH 737 FO
0 GUM 737 FO
-------
366 TOT 737 FO Vacancies

86 EWR 756 FO
0 IAH 756 FO
-------
86 TOT 756 FO Vacancies

17 EWR 777 FO
0 IAH 777 FO
-------
17 TOT 777 FO Vacancies

TOT SYSTEM WIDE VACANCIES--469

I wouldn't count on the 777 vacancies since I've heard that the fleet manager doesn't want new hires in the 777, but it's fun to think about.

I make no promises that this is what will be given out, but it's just my logical estimate based on how people ACTUALLY bid and were ACTUALLY awarded in this last bid.

Hope to see you all soon!!!!!

wow thats good stuff!

Anyone have new info from the recruiting department about when they are going to start calling applicants?

disreguarded

KozzyCFI said:
I wouldn't count on the 777 vacancies since I've heard that the fleet manager doesn't want new hires in the 777, but it's fun to think about.

I still have a few months to go before being there a year and I was just awarded the 777, unless you're referring to off the street new hires. The three on the bottom of the list were "M" employee numbers.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back