• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL "New Crew Bases""

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does anyone have any updated news about the discussions? I know many at CAL are not holding their breath for any new bases, but I was curious if the union has stated when talks will resume or when there would be an answer, etc.

thanks for the info.

No new info and I wouldn't expect any in the near or mid term future. Our MEC is currently ducking as the "Fagone Report" (major investigation from ALPA national) is sending shock waves throughout our pilot group. This report shows egregious over payment and possible criminal activity within our MEC. Yesterday the IAH base voted overwhelmingly to start a recall of the IAH base reps.

We have been talking about satellite bases for the 18 1/2 years I've been at CAL. Now with our union in shambles and the possible recall of our MEC officers and Negotiating committee, nothing is happening in our union except many trying to cover there rear ends Hope this info helps..

No new bases period. Maybe satellites and that's a big IF. There really isn't a lot of talk. The union just wanted to survey the membership to see if there is any significant interest. If I were a betting man and I am I'd say a 25% chance at best. Company's not even talking about it just our union. If we did have some it would probably be on the 737 in cities like BOS, DEN, LAX or numerous Florida cities. Possibly a HNL B756. LA, DEN and HNL would go very senior My guess is Florida would go somewhat senior.

I see, I thought the talkes were mutual, but it seems like the union went to the company and that is about it. Now they have some serious legal issues to deal with and the pilots will not hear anything for quite some time. Bummer!

thanks for the info though.

CAL EWR B737 said:
Well, when I was interviewed on the phone by the ALPA Executive Vice President who conducted the investigation I was told in no uncertain terms that they have broken the law and could be prosecuted by the Department of Labor. Not sure if it's a felony but our slimly scab MEC is good at getting away with murder.

There is no such thing as a federal misdemeanor.

Latest resources

Back