CAL "New Crew Bases""

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Rich235

I read on pilot pay dot come that the company and "the union" were in negotiations for additional crew bases in So. CA, the norhteast and Florida? would anyone have any facts on this.

By the way, thnks for the replies on my last CAL request.

Yes its true.

CALALPA and the company are talking about it. The union just surveyed the pilot group. No more official word than that.

The additional bases being considered are Boston, So.Florida, So.California and Honolulu.

Rich235 said:
I read on pilot pay dot come that the company and "the union" were in negotiations for additional crew bases in So. CA, the norhteast and Florida? would anyone have any facts on this.

By the way, thnks for the replies on my last CAL request.

Maybe Sea, Anc, and Lax. Ofcourse this would be after they buy Alaska.

Thats different.

The company wants to know where the employees would be happy having a domicile?:eek:

Paul R. Smith said:
Thats different.

The company wants to know where the employees would be happy having a domicile?:eek:

I just can't imagine they care about that. Maybe it's just one of those rhetorical type questions. We can dream...

coolyokeluke said:
I just can't imagine they care about that. Maybe it's just one of those rhetorical type questions. We can dream...

Its more about where they can save money on hotels.

The survey was preceeded by an analysis of where the best additional domiciles would be, based on company cost savings.

When the survey came out, the locations we would like were not the focus but whether or not anyone wanted the locations that were allready picked.

Last edited:
They are researching the possibilities of satellite bases. We have been looking at satellite bases for my entire 18 1/2 year career at CAL with no avail. If and when (huge IF) if would probably be only for B737 with the exception of HNL which would be for the 756.

However with our incompetent union leaders doing everything to cover their collective rear ends due to ALPA full time flight pay loss abuse. Our MEC has taken rumor has it over one million in trip loss pay in violation of ALPA policy. The ALPA Executive Council is meeting this week to deal with these abusers. So I wouldn't count much on Satellite bases anytime in the near future.

coolyokeluke said:

Yeah, we can sit here and dream its about making the employees happy but we all should know by now that its the bottom line. Oh well, its the thought that counts right?

Paul R. Smith said:
Thats different.

SuperFLUF said:
Yes its true.

CALALPA and the company are talking about it. The union just surveyed the pilot group.

The union, not the company...

Latest resources

Back