CAL Most Admired Airline - 9th Year in a Row

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Furloughed80

Continental Airlines Again Highest-Ranked U.S. Airline on FORTUNE World’s Most Admired List
Submitted by Anas on Friday, 5 March 2010One Comment
Continental Airlines (CAL 20.64 ↑0.68%) was rated the most admired U.S. airline on FORTUNE magazine’s annual airline-industry list of World’s Most Admired Companies. This is the ninth consecutive year that Continental has been the highest-ranking U.S. airline on the list. Of the 14 global carriers ranked, Continental was ranked No. 1 for people management.

“Continental’s working together culture helps us deliver our industry-leading service and outstanding product,” said Jeff Smisek, Continental’s chairman, president and chief executive officer. “I’m proud and honored to see my co-workers’ hard work recognized.”

The rankings are determined in a survey of corporate and airline executives, boards of directors and industry analysts. Companies are evaluated according to the following criteria: innovation, people management, use of corporate assets, social responsibility, quality of management, financial soundness, long-term investment, quality of products/services, and global competitiveness

CAL wis again.........;)

I, for one, admire them. I admire them for being able to pull this publicity stunt year after year. "Continental’s working together culture..." is when the employees are empowered to do nothing, and the managememt can do anything. It means the employees don't get in the way of the revolving door execs making out like a bankers in 2007.

Well.. when the pilots are walking a picket line because we're on strike next year, the people at Fortune will hopefully be scratching their heads.

Then again, it probably won't just be pilots-
Flight Attendants, Mechanics and now rampers~

CAL has labor issues that for some reason still don't seem to see the light of day, or the writers of major publications.
But I got a feeling that that is about to change!

Sad, brainwashing, "all is great", propaganda and psychological warfare.
Anything to undermind a better contract! And get their bonuses.

Like everything in American culture, this award is purchaseable.

Latest resources

Back