• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL...Minimum PIC Time??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
furloughed 80, man I would check on that application and make sure there is not a problem with it, or check with the guys that gave you a rec and have them make sure that someone has seen it. If you've met the requirements and have good internal rec's like you said, there is no reason why you havent gotten a call, unless there is some other problem. I was in the same boat, not getting a call. Someone checked it out for me. Turns out my name was not showing up as having any rec's, even though I had 3. Problem fixed, got a call 3 weeks later. Best of luck buddy

Furloughed80 said:
Propjob27,

Are you sure about that? I was told by a pilot at CAL that I don’t meet the minimums because I don’t have 1000 PIC. I referred to the stipulation of 500 PIC with 500 turbojet SIC. I have 1500 turbojet SIC in a CRJ and well over 500 PIC. He told me that the 500 PIC was to be read as turbojet PIC. I guess I am confused because I am receiving conflicting interpretations of the minimums. I’ve had my application in since April with a letter of recommendation form a management pilot in the training department and one from a senior 777 Captain. Still no call. I guess it just wasn’t meant to be. Oh well……..

I agree with others check with your sponsors especially the one who works in the training department. He can walk right down the hall in the sim building to KD Josts office (director of pilot recruitment). It's certainly worth a try.

Did your sponsors talk to their supervisors about you? I would have your instructor sponsor talk with Dave Lynn the head of the training department ASAP.

In case you or your sponsors didn't know the on-line referral is only half of the process the other half(just as important as the first part) is for your sponsors to talk the their assistant chief pilot (or in the instructors case the fleet manager or head or training) personally about you. Until that is done you application is not completely processed and reviewed.

Last edited:
Furloughed80 said:
First off, the requirement of "500 hours PIC time and 500 hours SIC time in a turbojet" refers to turbo jet PIC time. It should be read as "500 hours PIC time in a turbojet and 500 hours SIC time in a turbojet." A lot of potential candidates have been misled by this requirement.

Furloughed80

Incorrect, I have spoken with some of the individuals who are on the hiring board who have confirmed that I do not need any PIC turbine. In addition, I have had a couple friends picked up with no PIC turbine time.

Last edited:
Hi!

What if U have 500 PIC helo, and over 500 SIC multi-jet SIC. Does that meet the requirement?

Cliff
YIP

munson said:
furloughed 80, man I would check on that application and make sure there is not a problem with it, or check with the guys that gave you a rec and have them make sure that someone has seen it. If you've met the requirements and have good internal rec's like you said, there is no reason why you havent gotten a call, unless there is some other problem. I was in the same boat, not getting a call. Someone checked it out for me. Turns out my name was not showing up as having any rec's, even though I had 3. Problem fixed, got a call 3 weeks later. Best of luck buddy

Hey Dude, how did you do the double check on the recs, I just realized that my recs were not posted properly and before I ask my buddy to talk to his acp, I want to scrub the app one more time to check that once all my recs are in. PM me if you want.

PS- how does eveyone feel for needing the ATP, even though you have the PIC/ Turbine mins++

Latest resources

Back