CAL min days off?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CAL EWR B737 said:
Look not to start name calling and scab etc. That is not correct.

Gum CA rep, two former IAH reps, Flight Instructor rep and soon to be former MEC chaiman all fall into the above catagory. Lets put the past behind us.

While you are correct the MEC did resign. One could argue they did so knowing the following.

1: IAH reps were going to be recalled and thus a matter of time until they were recalled.

2: F/A TA basically made them look like fools and liars.

3: They left on their own terms while still patting their backs on the way out. I'm being kind.

I agree with everything you have stated (as well as all of your posts). My response was limited to his basic comments which were in fact in error.

Last edited:
Sorry....It's just that I start thinking of th those lying SO....sorry I almost lost it again...your right of course.

Please don't drink the kool-aid in Houston and welcome aboard new hires!!!

Jomama said:
Sorry....It's just that I start thinking of th those lying SO....sorry I almost lost it again...your right of course.

Please don't drink the kool-aid in Houston and welcome aboard new hires!!!

OK, no problem. I also think that justice will prevail outside of an ALPA investigation.

Boeingman,

You bring up some very valid points.

Let me say the following. I have worked with and look forward to working with again in the future some great pilots and union advocates that crossed the picket line. I know we have many pilots who are technically "scabs" that have learned from the past and I truly believe today would be right there in the trenches with us during a strike or anyother major crisis aka Super Bowl Sunday 98.

That being said we have a minority of pilots in my group (87) and every other part of the CAL seniority list that would step on top of you and never look back in crossing a picket line or any other self serving action. I am in no way am trying to fractionalize our pilot group. However I think most of our pilots (as documented by Wilson Polling Data, by the way our current MEC has the lowest approval rating of any MEC in the history of ALPA around 20%) would say these so called Super Scabs (for lack of a better name) who until these past week controlled our MEC are some of the most selfish individuals who can't even spell integrity.

Lets remember the past so as to not make the same mistakes again. With some luck we have a bright future at CAL today. Lets do our best to educate every new hire we can to become strong contributing members and future leaders and volunteers of our union!

Last edited:
CAL EWR B737 said:
Look not to start name calling and scab etc. That is not correct.

Gum CA rep, two former IAH reps, Flight Instructor rep and soon to be former MEC chaiman all fall into the above catagory. Lets put the past behind us.

While you are correct the MEC did resign. One could argue they did so knowing the following.

1: IAH reps were going to be recalled and thus a matter of time until they were recalled.

2: F/A TA basically made them look like fools and liars.

3: They left on their own terms while still patting their backs on the way out. I'm being kind.

Oh yeah I left out the most important part:

4: Joe Fagone's (FDX EVP) trip loss investigation report stated that not only did our MEC officers do nothing to stop our clearly unethical and possible illegal (per the Department of Labor rules) Full Time Flight Pay Loss program that rewarded many individuals $30K to $70K more than their peers on the line. Our MEC Chairman and MEC S/T lied and tried to cover up their actions in the ALPA national investigation.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back