Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

taxicabdriver

disgruntled employee
August bid has 737 FOs flying 90 plus hr lines, jr manning has been going on all week and a memo was just posted for voluntary jr manning until the 28th....but don't worry, you'll all get a vacation in Sept when you get furloughed. This airline is about as big of a joke as the union that can't do anything for us. I like the blastmail that went out saying they were going to demand to rerun the IAH 73 BES, but then decided it was ok, they didnt want to impose to big of a problem to the company, so once again we get to take it in the shorts while the worthless union does nothing for us......Anyone else having this problem??

Burned out on the 756 flying 96 hours with credit. I've never worked so hard in my life. On the verge of looking elsewhere.......

Burned out on the 756 flying 96 hours with credit. I've never worked so hard in my life. On the verge of looking elsewhere.......

I'm in the same boat. Not really looking elsewhere yet (where am I gonna go) but I'm seriously considering moving to the 73. Don't think I can hold the 777.

And yes Taxi, CALALPA is about as worthless as they come. They were, are and always will be in managements pocket. Just look at the NC from POS '02 they are now in management if I'm not mistaken. One of these days we will have to throw ALPA out and start over. I'm happy for the job but this $%^@ infested pilot group needs to grow a pair.

Guys it is like that here at DAL. Many guys I know have 96 plus hrs of hard time this month and next month we are asking for about 170 or so leaves with 55 hr of credit pay.

Summertime travel always is packed. The problem will be in September, when 8% of all flights in America stop flying (ABC News said over 2000 flights per day will not operate as normal). When the kids all go back to school, the high time lines will drop, and this year it will be big time. Also, the airlines have announced a lot of aircraft parkings, and that will occur during that time. Let's just hope oil keeps dropping and we all don't lose a ton....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hey I plan on sitting reserve and finishing my basement this fall. Last year I literally did not fly for two months straight. After this summer I can deal with that.

Guys it is like that here at DAL. Many guys I know have 96 plus hrs of hard time this month and next month we are asking for about 170 or so leaves with 55 hr of credit pay.

Do I understand this correctly? Delta is asking for pilot leaves? I was not aware of that. I thought you guys were going to hire by the end of the year?

At CAL we have awful work rules. I am happy our union negotiated a LOA to reduce furlough numbers, but I must admit it is weak agreement. Many loopholes and questions still remain. Bottom line is we have a weak union. They tend to back down all the time. Issues come up and then just sort of disappear!

I'm in the same boat. Not really looking elsewhere yet (where am I gonna go) but I'm seriously considering moving to the 73. Don't think I can hold the 777.

You might not be able to hold the 737. Huge draw down in the 737 bases makes the odds of open slots minimal. It is not a matter of seniority it is a matter of open slots.

And yes Taxi, CALALPA is about as worthless as they come. They were, are and always will be in managements pocket. Just look at the NC from POS '02 they are now in management if I'm not mistaken. One of these days we will have to throw ALPA out and start over. I'm happy for the job but this $%^@ infested pilot group needs to grow a pair.

And, the same thing would have happened had it been the IACP. The problem is the culture. Only time will fix that, I tried already.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back