• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Merger Plans

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hasn't Kellner been saying this for years? He would like for CAL to remain independent; but if the industry consolidates, CAL would be forced to participate in order to remain competitive. Nothing new.

Furloughed

Nothing new here... It a whole lot of nothing.

Employees are the last to know when an merger comes down, did any one see USairways and Delta... no.

Rumors have been floating around CAL merging with Delta, NWA, and UAL for the past 10 years. I wont buy any of it until I read a press release with soem real info.

messy?? I dont think so, Flatspins got it right.......I will believe it when I see it, until then CAL will go alone! :)

Hasn't Kellner been saying this for years? He would like for CAL to remain independent; but if the industry consolidates, CAL would be forced to participate in order to remain competitive. Nothing new.

Furloughed

Gordon Bethune used to say CAL wouldn't join an alliance becuase they had a strangle hold on EWR and that was a strong point for CAL. Then they joined SkyTeam. Ooops.

They may say one thing but you don't know what's going on. I think CAL would jump on the merger wagon instead of getting left behind.

Gordon Bethune used to say CAL wouldn't join an alliance becuase they had a strangle hold on EWR and that was a strong point for CAL. Then they joined SkyTeam. Ooops.

They may say one thing but you don't know what's going on. I think CAL would jump on the merger wagon instead of getting left behind.

Again, isn't that what Kellner has been saying for years? CAL most probably would jump on the merger wagon. We are all just waiting for the merger wagon to arrive. That is, if it ever does arrive. I don't think the question is whether CAL will or will not participate in industry wide consolidation. The question is if industry wide consolidation will ever occur. I don't know the answer to that question......and neither do you.

Furloughed

Again, isn't that what Kellner has been saying for years? CAL most probably would jump on the merger wagon. We are all just waiting for the merger wagon to arrive. That is, if it ever does arrive. I don't think the question is whether CAL will or will not participate in industry wide consolidation. The question is if industry wide consolidation will ever occur. I don't know the answer to that question......and neither do you.

Furloughed

If you look back at history then mergers WILL HAPPEN. It's just a matter of when not if.

Latest resources

Back