CAL LAX Base Rumor, AGAIN!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BID

Well, the rumors are starting again, or maybe they never really died? Hearing they are going to take another, "serious look" at LAX in April or so.

Well, the rumors are starting again, or maybe they never really died? Hearing they are going to take another, "serious look" at LAX in April or so.

Yawn...

Are they gonna take a serious look on April 1st?

Heard from a friend......

Bid in April released......LA base opening and recalls.

Believe it when you see it, but this is from a buddy I played golf with today with friends in the training department.

Just the company trying to create leverage for itself. I can see it now, we will open LAX, recall and have massive growth, you just need to sign of on this POS contract.

My guess it is just noise.

Back to my furlough

You guys will have an LAX base after merging with United.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Monthly bid for March already announced . . . . 45% of CLE flying is HNL pairings.

IRO Day One: DH IAH, DH SNA;
Day Two: HNL turn;
Day three: DH EWR, DH CLE.

The CLE rep (Person) told us that was going to happen at the December union meeting. He mentioned that by summer nearly 50% of CLE flying is going to be Hawaii flying. He also said no increase in staffing for the CLE base. So you can use your jump to conclusions mat to determine that a great deal of the "usual" flying out of the CLE domicile is going to be done by other bases.

What has two thumbs and can't hold CLE?:mad:

The CLE rep (Person) told us that was going to happen at the December union meeting. He mentioned that by summer nearly 50% of CLE flying is going to be Hawaii flying. He also said no increase in staffing for the CLE base. So you can use your jump to conclusions mat to determine that a great deal of the "usual" flying out of the CLE domicile is going to be done by other bases.
It will be an interesting summer. If you subtract the HNL flying what's going to be left in the bid package? Maybe a handful of high quality trips and the rest could be the usual unproductive 3 and 4 day trips. The senior people who are generally insulated from the unregulated hand of CAL's scheduling marketplace are going to be scrambling over scraps if they want to avoid sitting in a center 737 seat for 4 legs and 10 hours of a 20-hour pairing.

And just wait for the IRO HNL turn. TOC on the way out, FO goes back for the meal and movie and a long nap, comes back at TOD. On the way back, CA goes back for the meal and the movie and long nap, comes back at TOD. Ten hours of radios and paperwork for the IRO, five in each seat, is one long day. I've already seen this on IRO turns to other places on the 737. Fun.

If people don't adjust their bids significantly there will be a lot of DM4. Who knows, maybe it will finally reach the unreachable to read the next contract before they vote it in.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back