• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Junior manning!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JM and CA's flying as FOs certainly hurts, but that's not why there are furloughs. This is why:

- Take a look at the line awards in your (or any) BES. Vacation waive and DH waive during the monthly bidding process by everyday line pilots, each and every month, adds up to hundreds, maybe a thousand hours. Read down the "total credit" per pilot. Dozens getting 100+ pay credit month after month.

- Open time pickup.

- Pay credits built into the 90 hour range. UAL by the way caps pay at 89 hours of pay, if I read the contract right. You can wiave credit and pick up open time to beat the band, but you'll only get paid 89 hours. And if you go over, you have to drop a trip or portion thereof the next month to average it back down. This dampens the open pickup issue as well.

The first two items are instantaneously correctable. Pilots make the choice every day, and every month when they bid. The last item is part of C02. Not much can be done about it now, but it's still something 58% voted for.

So, unfortunately, it's all about the pilots. The only "hope" is that the company will play the merger poorly and the pilots will stop helping them/hurting us so much.

Thank you ALPO and the scabs for allowing these workrules. I should start a thread of why I throw my ALPO magazine directly in my garbage from my mailbox.

JM and CA's flying as FOs certainly hurts, but that's not why there are furloughs. This is why:

- Take a look at the line awards in your (or any) BES. Vacation waive and DH waive during the monthly bidding process by everyday line pilots, each and every month, adds up to hundreds, maybe a thousand hours. Read down the "total credit" per pilot. Dozens getting 100+ pay credit month after month.

- Open time pickup.

- Pay credits built into the 90 hour range. UAL by the way caps pay at 89 hours of pay, if I read the contract right. You can wiave credit and pick up open time to beat the band, but you'll only get paid 89 hours. And if you go over, you have to drop a trip or portion thereof the next month to average it back down. This dampens the open pickup issue as well.

The first two items are instantaneously correctable. Pilots make the choice every day, and every month when they bid. The last item is part of C02. Not much can be done about it now, but it's still something 58% voted for.

So, unfortunately, it's all about the pilots. The only "hope" is that the company will play the merger poorly and the pilots will stop helping them/hurting us so much.

As long as we have pilots from New York Air and the other scabs nothing will change. We work for an airline that rewards scumbags.

As long as we have pilots from New York Air and the other scabs nothing will change. We work for an airline that rewards scumbags.
Take a look at the August line awards in your BES. It ain't them. It's pilots in every year group, from every background, and in your new hire class.

Today, I tried trading my late UK trip tonight for an early AMS, 9 hours out....

ANSWER WAS NO, do to no reserves to cover my late show trip....

SO... I called back later and called in sick... FUPM

Good for you! I am sure their denial made you ill. Not your fault!!

Take a look at the August line awards in your BES. It ain't them. It's pilots in every year group, from every background, and in your new hire class.

I could not agree with you more. In fact the vast majority are G and M numbers, the most recent hires. I expect it from a SCAB, not from guys that came from regionals. MAKES ME SICK! At least when the furloughs come back I can look them in the eye with a clear conscious and tell them I did not pick up an hour of open time while they were out.

I stand corrected. To me, this is just another reason to hate ALPA. Its their fault that this is allowed to happen. They sold us a contract that allows it. F ALPA, not the scabs, hell ALPA allowed them back into the union. I think that speaks volumes about ALPA. I'm almost to the point where I hate ALPA more then scabs.

Mark my words, they (ALPA) will sell us out yet again with the JCBA to come.

I could not agree with you more. In fact the vast majority are G and M numbers, the most recent hires. I expect it from a SCAB, not from guys that came from regionals. MAKES ME SICK! At least when the furloughs come back I can look them in the eye with a clear conscious and tell them I did not pick up an hour of open time while they were out.

I am an M and never came from a regional bro.

I am an M and never came from a regional bro.

I was making a point that these guys should know better. Nothing about ex/current military guys. The real point is that guys are picking up open time with our brothers and sisters on furlough. Just traded a two day and a day trip for a three day and low and behold the day trip was straight picked up by a G number.

Last edited:
I was making a point that these guys should know better. Nothing about ex/current military guys. The real point is that guys are picking up open time with our brothers and sisters on furlough. Just traded a two day and a day trip for a three day and low and behold the day trip was straight picked up by a G number.

So no ex military guys are picking these trips up? Or are you saying that they shouldn't be expected to know any better? Not quite sure here.

Latest resources

Back