CAL Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dirk Diggler

So does anyone know what is going on with hiring at CAL? One week I read how it will be 60 a month for the forseeable future, and then a week later I hear that everything is done until August. My friend spoke with a chief pilot last week and asked him about this. He was told that initially they were going to call off interviews for awhile, but then decided not to do so. Just curious if anyone knows what the real story is. Also, does anyone know what days of the week they usually call people for interviews. Any info is greatly appreciated.

the hiring will slow for the summer to around 45 mo.then after summer flying is concluded they will return to 62 mo. until further notice. Oh by the way there is min res. coverage. make sure you want to get abused before you sigh on..

tie1on for a reason

Heard a rumor that most of the future classes thru summer will be mainly XJET. Not sure of it's validity.

tie1on said:
the hiring will slow for the summer to around 45 mo.then after summer flying is concluded they will return to 62 mo. until further notice. Oh by the way there is min res. coverage. make sure you want to get abused before you sigh on..

tie1on for a reason

If you consider not getting called much for trips abuse, then I'll agree.:D
I'm sure everyone has a different experience, but I'm near the bottom and am enjoying my home time. The summer flying schedules will increase the use of reserves, but the last few months have been very enjoyable for my lazy ass.

Thanks

Thanks for the info guys. I am hoping for a call soon. My sponsor was told that I am on the short list, but I was worried that all interviews were off for a while. I heard that most of the classes in feb. and mar. were mainly expressjet, and that would cover most of the people they had to hire. I dont care about the min reserve cov. I am getting that now anyway. Appreciate the info though.

I just finished 737 training this week, and I can tell you the only reason they are slowing hiring this summer is to cover some flying with the pilots who handle interviews. Talking with the people directly invovled with interviewing and hiring, there is no end in sight to the hiring at CAL.

From what I was told they were initially going to slow to 40 a month but then announced more flying then expected and it is 64 mo indefinetly. Reserve two months now holding a line. Oh yeah, last month on reserve flew 20 hours! That's not quite abuse!

Oh listen to Kugelblitz, "I just got my type and now I know everything!". Nice aviatar I heard we are getting some of those. Get an IOE trip yet? Alien show on the History channel as we speak.

My first month here on reserve in IAH. I'm flying everday on the 737. The captains I am flying with are getting off redeyes and then flying that night. Hopefully it will cool down.

Last I heard we were going to hire 1000 a day but now its .124 a day or is that per month. The point is, it is fluid, but every Tuesday a new class is starting and we are still interviewing.

Good luck.

CLAMBAKE

I just heard only 2 classes in May, straight from KD Jost's mouth. 2 May and 16 May. Also, class on 25 or 26 April in addition to that. As for the XJT rumor, of the 6 people that interviewed on 15 March, 4 were military and 1 was Charter, don't know about the 6th. So, I think the XJT info isn't correct. :smash:
TMAC

That's interesting. The charter guy is a friend of mine from North American. He ran into another guy from the interview who did pretty well so far who's 24, so I'm pretty sure that he's not military.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back