CAL Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Al Murdock

Does anyone know how many people that CAL interviews each week? I know they do interviews in both IAH and EWR, but was just curious of which days and numbers each day on average. Thanks.

Al Murdock said:
Does anyone know how many people that CAL interviews each week? I know they do interviews in both IAH and EWR, but was just curious of which days and numbers each day on average. Thanks.

I have no idea how many we interview each week or average/day. I would guess maybe 18-20 per week or so...and I believe we interview Monday-Thursday...

I do know that we are still having 64/month go through the schoolhouse and that will go down to 32/month starting in April...

The CALALPA website has a virtual senority visualizer that is normally updated every TUE. Apparently CAL has now finished filling classes through the first week of DEC. Class 11/01 has 16, class 11/08 has 17, class 11/14 has 16, no class for 11/21 or 11/22, class 11/29 has 16, and class 12/06 has 13. ALL newhires since 09/13 have gone to EWR 737 or EWR 757. There should be a new system bid out the JAN-FEB time frame.

Using NOV as a guide, having a holiday like DEC, I am guessing three. Knowing CAL, they could have two or four or stop hiring until the end of the year. With CAL management, your guess is as good as anyone's.

Latest resources

Back