CAL internal rec

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yup!!

My pal's in the same boat. I believe Jul. was about the time he was told as well. NO call Yet...........

I walked into the EWR chief pilots office to recommend a friend of mine, he got called 5 days after I went into the CP's office. My friend had relativley high time 8000 + hrs 3000 jet PIC and a bunch more turbo prop PIC. The CP looked over his quals, moved him to a "Selected" status and called the guy in IAH who is in charge of the pilot hiring. They were very helpful.

Wesb737fo said:
Hey numntz,

I'm curious as to why you think it is not wise to ask about financial details from a prospective employer. All you have to do is look around at the financial mess that litters the playing field. No one is asking about secret financial data, just the basics. What say you Mr nimtz?
Hey 'Wusb737fo', I say that you should take the time to do your own research into the matter before you even apply and closely follow events as you update your app. Even if you get the company explanation of their financial position, it will be the company line. The information is out there and readily available. Maybe amazingly you'll formulate your opinon of the company's long-term health. All you have to do is put in the grunt work.

Last edited:
My friend did a walk-in recommendation for me. After they pulled my app up, they found lots of errors. I think five pages worth. Not that anyone else would bone it up as bad as I did, but those who think they should be called might want to double-check their apps for errors. That application format leaves too much room for making errors.

nimtz said:
Were you aware when you applied that CAL is not a discount carrier and has 50+ years of operational history? If so then I don't think CAL owes any explanation to you or any other applicant as to their current debt load.

Apparently, I must have misunderstood your original post above. The very patronizing post that seems to imply that one should never question a "Great and Powerful Legacy Carrier". It is obvious that one should (and I have)done my own research, as a matter of fact, I did ask those questions of the pilots who are providing internal rec's for myself. They didn't seem to be offended.

Now, enough nonsense, back to the original point of this thread.

ACWild, I agree, are there any areas in particular the folks may be overlooking when reviewing the application?

I screwed up five different pages. One of the dumbest mistakes that I made was that I didn't enter my flight times. I can't remember what else I boned, but it was something that really confused everyone that I asked. Sorry I can't be more specific, it's been a while. The best advice that I can offer is go through the app page by page and don't skip any lines. CAL is worth the effort, IMO.

the best way to avoid errors in the app is to print it out after you believe that you are done. i believe they reference the printout heavily as they will provide you with a copy to initial and sign during the interview process.

i must've printed mine out 6 or 7 times before i closed all of the gaps.

Good advice ACWILD.

Both of my Rec's had errors on there apps and only after they corrected them did they start the process. One has an interview and one should get called soon.

As far as calling the CP. I think they want a face to face.

Good Luck

CLAMBAKE

Latest resources

Back