• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL internal rec

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CAL has said they have significant financial obligations due in 2007 that they may not be able to meet if the current fare/fuel environment continues. These obligations may push them very close if not into the CH 11 category with the rest of the legacy carrier world. However, I think it would be a very poor decision not to go to CAL because of a possible cash crunch. As said earlier, they have massive retirements and are anticipating continued growth. If you get hired this year, you could possibly have 500-600 guys beneath you by the end of 2007.

Twotter Driver said:
Had my stuff walked into CAL a couple of weeks ago and was told that I was on some priority call list.
Will I get a call, and if so, how long should I anticipate it will take before I get the call?
Any insight is appreciated as this is somewhere I really want to work and I want to be ready when and if I get the call!

Thanks ahead of time for the info! TD

Who told you you were on this priority list?

Not trying to answer for anyone else, but the chief pilots can access this info. I was told the same thing and received the call within 3 weeks of being told. Best of luck to all.

What if they merged with NWA ? I know nothing is for sure... However ?

What about age 65 ? What paycut are they operating under ? How does their B fund work... When do they 'snap back'...

No Flames.. honest and sincere questions. The turnover looks good. The international flying looks good. But... ? Just questions...

Continental is a good company, good luck to all.

Life is a contingency.

I'd rather play 'what if' with a major carrier who has steady attrition and decent finances than with any regional. I firmly believe that those who tolerate the cycles of this industry will do well. I conduct my finances in accordance with this belief.

Lucky for me that I don't enjoy boating, motorcycles, etc. I don't need the toys. My toys are at work.

Twotter Driver,

I had a Continental pilot formally sponsor me for employment the first week of October. They called me for an interview about 3 weeks later. I interviewed in mid November and was given a class date in mid December.

Good Luck!

The whole interview experience was very positive and they presented themselves as a very professional organization.

As for their finances - well ANY airline has it's risks involved but I'd say CAL is far better off than any other legacy carrier.

question to this... I know several cal pilots willing to help me. All are fairly junior. Do they actually go to Huston to walk in your resume or can they place a phone call.

Thanks

nimtz said:
Were you aware when you applied that CAL is not a discount carrier and has 50+ years of operational history? If so then I don't think CAL owes any explanation to you or any other applicant as to their current debt load.

Hey numntz,

I'm curious as to why you think it is not wise to ask about financial details from a prospective employer. All you have to do is look around at the financial mess that litters the playing field. No one is asking about secret financial data, just the basics. What say you Mr nimtz?

SomeDude said:
question to this... I know several cal pilots willing to help me. All are fairly junior. Do they actually go to Huston to walk in your resume or can they place a phone call.

Thanks

Their base CP will do.

I was also told that I was on the "interview list".....that was back in July, and no call yet. I take it that making the list is no guarantee for a call. Is there anyone else out there that has been on the list a while with no call? THX

Latest resources

Back