• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Hiring Mid- to Late-2010

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know quite a few of "us" (Im furloughed ATA too) got that interview. Not sure when you were furloughed but sad to hear you may have missed the slot on that one.

That LOA is still applicable whenever we begin hiring again. Sorry to hear that you weren't called in during the last hiring phase.

CAL probably hired more ex ATA guys than SWA ever did during the 2005-2006 time period! If you waited at ATA until they shut down, CAL had already stopped hiring.

CAL probably hired more ex ATA guys than SWA ever did during the 2005-2006 time period! If you waited at ATA until they shut down, CAL had already stopped hiring.

My sim partner in 737 training at CAL was a great guy from ATA. I think he left before it got really bad and caught the start of the wave. Every ATA pilot I've ever met has been a stand-up individual.

all part of the next hiring boom, peaking in 2012

peak?

Nah, not peaking in 2012, but probably starting around 2012. SWAG: Peak sometime around Summer/Fall of 2013.
I was thinking of max rate of change (delta hire) will peak on June 14th 2012, although more hiring may be done later the rate of change will not be as great.

2012 should be a good year for CAL hiring too..
Retirements, a New Industry Leading (or at least Industry Comparable) Contract and deliveries of new Wide Body aircraft (and hopefully new 100 seat aircraft too?!).

2011... now that's gonna be interesting.
Possible total meltdown with a strike at hand. And not just from the pilot standpoint either! You got mechanics and flight attendants in the mix too~

I'd love to see us hire this year.. but after the last bid, I truly don't know what management is doing anymore except trying to piss off the pilot group and cause damage to the company. We need to bring our 147 brothers and sisters back before we can think of hiring.

Our latest BlastMail from the Union said it best-
There are two ways to make this work when it comes to employee (Pilot)/management relations. The Delta/NWA merger way or the current CAL way.
My strike fund continues to grow.. slowly and steadily~ Hope I don't need to use it for that and I can put it down on my 2011/2012 BMW 335xi!

Always
Motch

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back