CAL Guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

puttin4doh

Hey guys and gals, I'm looking to head over to Geneva next week through EWR, but I wasn't sure if you could take jumpseaters internationally? If so, does it work both ways? I remember hearing something about American allowing Intl. jumpseaters TO, but not FROM other countries. Thanks for any help on this...

Puttin

Well, they won't take us (CommutAir) as jumpseaters internationally, and we're fly under the CO Connection banner. I'm not sure who all IS on their international jumpseat list, but it's not universal.

puttin4doh said:
Hey guys and gals, I'm looking to head over to Geneva next week through EWR, but I wasn't sure if you could take jumpseaters internationally? If so, does it work both ways? I remember hearing something about American allowing Intl. jumpseaters TO, but not FROM other countries. Thanks for any help on this...

Puttin

I've taken AA international to the caribbean TO and FROM .... was looking to jumpseat international with CO later on this month, guess I'll have to use AA again ...

CAL only takes international jumpseaters if the reciprocating airline also flies internationally.

I don't think that is the case. CommutAir, until recently, flew internationally and was a Continental Connection carrier, but was not welcome on the international jumpseat. However Southwest, an unaffiliated domestic only carrier was welcome to jumpseat internationally.

I thought it had everything to do with being on the CASS system...which both AA and CAL are on. So I would think that you could. Also even if youre not on the CASS system you should be able to "jumpseat" as long as there is a seat in the back. No cockpit jumpseating although it's the same procedures. I'm a XJT pilots and jumpseated back from Frankfurt to Atlanta on Delta with no problems and over there with CAL. We aren't on CASS and there were seats in the back.
Hardest part was finding a gate agent that knew the rules.

Caucasian has it correct. You need to be on the approved JS list for international JS. There are no exceptions.

Also, if you're going somewehre on a 737, be sure it does not have an IRO.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back