Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flynfarr

Hi floks,

I'm currently a regional pilot and hoping to make the jump to a mainline carrier soon. I am very interested in the Guam flying at CAL.

Can anyone give me some info on that?

Such as...

junior/ senior,
rumor of pay increase for those based there,
a/c,
schedules,
etc.

Thanks in advance.

Don't take this wrong way, but I'd worry about getting the interview first. You're one of maybe 12000 applicants on file HOPING for a CHANCE for an interview. Good luck though.....

flynfarr said:
Hi floks,

I'm currently a regional pilot and hoping to make the jump to a mainline carrier soon. I am very interested in the Guam flying at CAL.

Can anyone give me some info on that?

Such as...

junior/ senior, fairly senior... most junior F/O is about #4179/4672 total pilots....
rumor of pay increase for those based there, Haven't heard this one yet.
a/c, All B737 flying
schedules, about 39 lines and 71 F/Os for SEPT.. most FO lines appear to be 3 and 4 day trips with inter island flying/layovers. (approximately sen.#3763/4672 is mathematically guaranteed a line for SEPT)
etc. Hope the info helps and that you get an interview sooner than later!

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

Last edited:
Like the 1st guy said, get an interview first. There aren't a lot of decent jobs left out there, and the 5 or so good places that are hiring (FedEX, Southwest, Continental, UPS, Jetblue, etc) aren't exactly giving away interviews. Getting any interview anywhere is pretty tough these days, let alone at the only legacy carrier currently hiring.

But, if you are lucky enough to get an interview at CAL, and if you are fortunate enough to get hired on top of that:

A correction to this statement:
rumor of pay increase for those based there, Haven't heard this one yet.

There is a pay increase for pilots in GUM. All new hires in GUM start at 2nd year pay (65 or so an hour), and everyone receives a $1200 / month COLA (cost of living allowance) on top of that.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, and don't worry, I don't figure its just a matter of giving them my name and they offer me the job. Just trying to gather info. I don't even have any resumes out yet but I sure do appreciate you all giving me the low down.

Might want to do a search on the board here for this -- think it was covered a few weeks, maybe a month back. Don't quote me "officially" but I believe you get 2nd year pay and you're locked for ~18 months, FWIW. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back