• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Furloughees

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A flat bid next week helps nobody. This has gone around every other month for the last 6 months. Just because they have a bid does not mean recalls.

Back to my furlough.

Cheers

Latest rumor I heard:

Bid out in 10 days (or 9), whenever. No recalls. Guam shifting and 777 vacancies in EWR. Recalls will happen in August bid.

Rumors, nothing more. Who knows.

Latest rumor I heard:

Bid out in 10 days (or 9), whenever. No recalls. Guam shifting and 777 vacancies in EWR. Recalls will happen in August bid.

Rumors, nothing more. Who knows.

Exactly, a bid rumor means NOTHING. I can understand the company planting info, age old union busting technique. I just wish the union would stop with the whole "I would be shocked if no recalls" lines. This just feeds into the companies tactics. I guess they are stomping on the table to cover their a**, when the bid is released with no recalls.

Quit feeding the monster, please.

I'm not trying to be negative, but I am not buying recalls on the August bid. If they don't need to recall us for the summer, they aren't going to need us before next summer either. Yes, I know that we are taking delivery of alot of aircraft, but they will find a way to run the airline as currently staffed unless we give up something for recalls. I hope I am wrong! There are alot of good people out there really suffering because of this game that management is playing. Good luck to everybody! Hopefully this nightmare will be over someday soon!

I'm not trying to be negative, but I am not buying recalls on the August bid. If they don't need to recall us for the summer, they aren't going to need us before next summer either. Yes, I know that we are taking delivery of alot of aircraft, but they will find a way to run the airline as currently staffed unless we give up something for recalls. I hope I am wrong! There are alot of good people out there really suffering because of this game that management is playing. Good luck to everybody! Hopefully this nightmare will be over someday soon!

I would agree with you but retirements are the wild card. I don't know if there are going to be some or zero but last nov/dec a good amount occurred when there was suppose to be only a few. You can only bend a rubberband so far.

I would agree with you but retirements are the wild card. I don't know if there are going to be some or zero but last nov/dec a good amount occurred when there was suppose to be only a few. You can only bend a rubberband so far.

Retirements for sure are the wild card. January bid had 4, yes, 4 retirements on it for the year 2010. Fred stated in the IAH cewroom last week that it is actually looking upwards of 100 now.

Yogi

with all the airplanes coming, they are going to have to start bringing people back in the late fall to get ready for next summer. we have 8 coming this summer, 2 777's and 6 737's - that will require 110 pilots, then the 6 787's coming starting next summer will be another 150 pilots. So that is a total of 260 pilots that will be needed by next summer, throw in 50 retirements, now that is 310 pilots. If half the furloughees come back, that still leaves 237 positions that have to be filled in preparation for next summer. That will involve full training cycles either for United furloughed guys or guys off the street. either way, that will take time. throw in a new contract with better work rules, and that will create even more positions assuming we don't allow scope relief in the joint contract. if we do that all bets are off. either way, i think it is very reasonable to assume that furloughs should be back in the fall, of course anything can change.

I think it will be the fall also based on the chatter out there, but I also think there are enough saviors out there to keep the furloughs away longer if need be!

Latest resources

Back