• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Furloughees

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Word on the street is approx. 250 vacancies on the August bid. We will recall on the August bid and will likely place UAL furloughees in the other vacancies. Only expecting 70-100 of our 147 furloughs to return. UAL has almost 1,500 on furlough so I don't anticipate hiring off the street anytime soon.

Word on the street is approx. 250 vacancies on the August bid. We will recall on the August bid and will likely place UAL furloughees in the other vacancies. Only expecting 70-100 of our 147 furloughs to return. UAL has almost 1,500 on furlough so I don't anticipate hiring off the street anytime soon.

I want all the UAL guys back at work ASAP, but until the SLI is complete we should not be putting them on CAL property. Way, way too many loopholes and lawsuits coming with this one.

I want all the UAL guys back at work ASAP, but until the SLI is complete we should not be putting them on CAL property. Way, way too many loopholes and lawsuits coming with this one.

exactly. they can come back if they give up their UAL seniority and consider themselves a CAL pilot for integration purposes. otherwise, bringing them back is done at the expense of the CAL list, because any newhires would most certainly be at the bottom of the CAL list whereas a UAL furloughed guy could jump ahead assuming they get an advantage in the integration.

I disagree. Poor form to not find some way to get a furloughed pilot (from either company) a job. Complete the verification process for a baseline before recalls then get pilots back to work.

I disagree. Poor form to not find some way to get a furloughed pilot (from either company) a job. Complete the verification process for a baseline before recalls then get pilots back to work.

Not poor form at all. Until they are the same certificate it will open a whole other can of worms.

Not poor form at all. Until they are the same certificate it will open a whole other can of worms.

No, there's no other can of worms. It's a merger and the right thing to do is recall their pilots as soon as there is opportunity. These are union brethren AND soon to be the same company.

I don't think you've thought this through. It's real clear what the right thing to do is and you need to be real happy that your union/company is doing it. Act out of an abundance of regard for these pilots now and it will pay later.

Same company right? UAL furloughs are going to be maybe at the bottom mixed in with C furloughs right? C will recall all furloughed pilots then call U's right? so whats the problem? I know you guys think your gonna get screwed by the furloughed guys, your not. Remember most jr active at U is 1999. How many hired after that at C? Thats what ya need to worry about. The furloughed guys at U know we have no voice in the SLI, praying for the best, waiting for the worst.

Latest resources

Back