• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL FUPM Bracelets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for the information. I'll have to get in touch with my CAL buddy. I didn't think things were quite that bad over there.

You mean quite that GOOD don't you? Unionized pilots acting like trade unionists is a "bad" thing?

For the first time in the 20 years there are pilots at CAL acting like members of an organized union.

Hmmm...interesting......What does it mean? I never saw and stickers about 147 on the street.....

You mean quite that GOOD don't you? Unionized pilots acting like trade unionists is a "bad" thing?

For the first time in the 20 years there are pilots at CAL acting like members of an organized union.

You misunderstand. I wasn't aware CAL management was up to the same stuff as other airline administrations. It seemed to me like this kind of stuff didn't happen at CAL when Gordon ran the show.

You misunderstand. I wasn't aware CAL management was up to the same stuff as other airline administrations. It seemed to me like this kind of stuff didn't happen at CAL when Gordon ran the show.

Did you hear about the FOs that got threatened with firing and had their probe extended for tending to their family and very prego wife during the last hurricane? The CPO reamed em.
The funny thing was there was a DNU from on high that said for everyone to remember to take care of their family during this event.

Well, Larry Kellner, CEO, thinks we should not be in contract negotiations and we are some of the highest paid pilots in the industry.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/business/6330885.html

Here is an excerpt from the article. Note the difference in tone from the JP Morgan Airline Conference.

"Kellner acknowledged Continental's labor costs are on the high end of the industry. But he said the current economic situation might not make it the best time for negotiations with mechanics and pilots, whose contracts became amendable at the end of 2008."

Did you hear about the FOs that got threatened with firing and had their probe extended for tending to their family and very prego wife during the last hurricane? The CPO reamed em.
The funny thing was there was a DNU from on high that said for everyone to remember to take care of their family during this event.

NOT TRUE!!! I was on reserve the day before the hurricane hit (IKE) and was good until the following Tuesday.

I got called for a IAH-MCO flight which would leave at noonish the day before the hurricane hit and have a 48 hour layover in MCO. I asked scheduling i fmy wife and daughter could go and he said that they could not positive space them. I said "ok, but I am telling you now that if they don't get on that I am walking off the plane". I got a call from the chief pilot for that and I told him the same thing......long story short, they got positive space tickets!! And I never heard another word!!

Stand up for yourselves!! I also asked the CPO where I should park my car because I did not want to leave it in the parking lot when a hurricane came thru. They said they did not know where else to park. Oh well, I parked in Marriot lot, underneath. Ended up being free, no attendant when I got back.

Point of story, don't listen to anyone. Be in control yourself and no CPO will bother you. If they feel they can intimidate you, they will. If they know they can't, they won't waste their time.

NOT TRUE!!! I was on reserve the day before the hurricane hit (IKE) and was good until the following Tuesday.

I got called for a IAH-MCO flight which would leave at noonish the day before the hurricane hit and have a 48 hour layover in MCO. I asked scheduling i fmy wife and daughter could go and he said that they could not positive space them. I said "ok, but I am telling you now that if they don't get on that I am walking off the plane". I got a call from the chief pilot for that and I told him the same thing......long story short, they got positive space tickets!! And I never heard another word!!

Stand up for yourselves!! I also asked the CPO where I should park my car because I did not want to leave it in the parking lot when a hurricane came thru. They said they did not know where else to park. Oh well, I parked in Marriot lot, underneath. Ended up being free, no attendant when I got back.

Point of story, don't listen to anyone. Be in control yourself and no CPO will bother you. If they feel they can intimidate you, they will. If they know they can't, they won't waste their time.

Uh, that was TOTALLY true! You really are a piece of work.

TRUE!!!

Stand up for yourselves!! I also asked the CPO where I should park my car because I did not want to leave it in the parking lot when a hurricane came thru.

:erm:CLASS!!!

"Hey I know your busy and all with a total hub meltdown and an impending natural disaster, but where should I park? I don't want any water damage."

And you know damn well my post was true.

Last edited:
Hmmmm...copyright infringement case looming!?

FUPM was a slogan at ATA several years ago...."Eff You- PAY ME!"

YKMKR

I know the guy that thought of it. He's an odd sort, given to bizarre rants and speaking in tongues, but occasionally he blurts out something that makes some sense, in a strange way. We wanted to use it as our slogan for our section 6 at ATA, but ALPA NATIONAL SHUT IT DOWN. I guess we weren't BIG ENOUGH to be ABLE to DETERMINE OUR OWN COURSE OF ACTION.

FUPM, ALPA.

Latest resources

Back