• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL FUPM Bracelets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
[FONT=&quot] and the ability to count on a comfortable living in retirement—starting with a fully funded A -Plan for those who have earned it! Let’s not forget that today’s new-hire is tomorrow’s retiree [/FONT] __________________
Very powerful stuff...Couple of points:
Why not an A fund for every pilot? As you mentioned, they have earned it. They are, after all, tomorrow's retiree. As you've previously mentioned, if CAL can afford new interiors, fuel at $147 a BBL, new P-clubs, they can certainly afford an 'A' for every pilot. Why not start there and move forward? Otherwise, it's the have's and have nots. Fedex/UPS has "it." If you want to have an "industry leading contract", you have "it." Should it not be part of "taking it back?"
On a minor, but more emotional note, I personally cringe at the "military battle" metaphors thrown when trying to negotiate an employment contract. I have a cousin who was killed in Afghanistan on a firefight while on patrol in 2005. He was on the "tip of the spear," you are not.

We want a real retirement for all pilots from number 1 to number 5000.

Our "A" plan was frozen in 2004 as part of our Contract 02 concessionary contract. This is a separate issue that was negotiated to protect our retirement as part of concessions and we are not paying for it in again in Contract 08.

With that said if the majority of our pilots today want a new "A" plan we will negotiate what they want. We will negotiate a retirement enhancements for all pilots. Every pilot deserves a comfortable retirement and we will fight for one for each and everyone of our pilots.

I am sorry about your loss, but I respectfully disagree. Enough said.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back