• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Flight Operations Management to Flu Crew: "Drop Dead!"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
7 years at XJT, and I got hired here the old fashioned way, not a Schindler's Lister or a PIG. I remember you and I went around and around about this a few months ago. I personally am happy here. The few times I've needed something from the CPO they've helped me out. At 85% of lineholders I don't expect much from PBS, so when I get a 75 hour 18 day off line with 2 weekends like this month I'm pretty darn happy. With little expenses I can live comfortably on 3rd year pay and as a 737 lineholder our atrocious lack of workrules doesn't affect me nearly as negatively as say an EWR 757 pilot.

HOWEVER, when I see our mgt take over 1/3 of a month's pay from a crew for making a decision that likely SAVED THE COMPANY MILLIONS OF $$$ IN LIABILITY, THAT PI$$ES ME OFF!!! When the company publicly commends an FA for sharing her Ipod with a customer while completely ignoring the 757 crew whose superior airmanship saved the company potentially BILLIONS IN LIABILITY ALONG WITH OVER 200 LIVES, THAT PI$$ES ME OFF!!! Rant over. :beer:
Well, I can agree with that. It pisses me off too. But we need to rememner, "Don't work for the system, make the system work for you!" I do that on a daily basis and it is a lot less stress.

Peace out

We plenty of scabbies and non scab company saviors that would of pressured the rest of the crew to just 'keep the schedule' and blast off for NRT. Witness the dipsh!ts that slept in the crewroom during the IAH ice storm cause scheduling wouldn't get them hotel rooms. Those are the fellas that I wish would medical out like today. At least Luis doesn't fall into that mindset.

Don't forget the "Friends of Fred". They were a little pissed off at the last Magenta Line and some more than fit the "savior" mold.

never mind.... it sucks everywhere..........

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back