• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL December 11th class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A buddy of mine got that class and he told me 737 EWR.

Care to explain that.....I'm in class starting next week and they haven't even told us yet. Not that I'm worried about it, but I'm guessing your "friend" is just speculating...as I am guessing that is what we are all going to end up with.

I doubt it is speculation, when I was hired they gave you a copy of the hiring and fleet plans for the rest of the year. It's floating around the school house. It breaks it down by class date, size, and what they are expecting each class to have i.e. 737 or 757.

Just some input about 737 reserve. EWR 737 may be only a month or two, but to hold a line in IAH on the 737 is a CURRENT 9 month minimum and counting. People in my class on the 756 should be getting lines in EWR after 9 months up there. 756 IAH I believe is about 2 years or so for a line. Hope that may clarify some numbers. Again, this is current as of today, may not be another 9 months from now.

Care to explain that.....I'm in class starting next week and they haven't even told us yet. Not that I'm worried about it, but I'm guessing your "friend" is just speculating...as I am guessing that is what we are all going to end up with.

I just sponsored someone who was hired and is going to be in the December 11 class. The day he interviewed he was told by the manager of pilot recruitment that the Dec 11 class was all 737 and the Dec 18 class was both the 737 and 756. Of course that was current last week and everything is subject to change.

On behalf of the Continental Airline Pilots Association welcome to Continental Airlines. I hope to meet you when you finish training. Our MEC approved the budget for me to create, implement and teach a new course to all CAL new hires. The class is voluntary and will be available to new hires once released to the base after training.

The class will be six to eight hours and include:

1: CAL history

2: Union 101

3: CAL 101 - navigating on the CAL crew computer system "CCS" how to bid, jump seat, basic info needed about surviving the day to day operation at CAL but glossed over during training etc. etc..

Fraternally,

Jayson Baron
CAL EWR B756 CA
CAL ALPA Strike Preparedness Chairman
CAL ALPA Membership Committee

Last edited:
Jayson,

Thanks for putting that together. It will definitely be a big help for me in getting used to the new job!

Latest resources

Back