CAL December 11th class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Morgoth

Just curious if anyone else here is going to be in the CAL December 11th class?

Also, any advice from CAL'ers about what I can do to get ready? I'm reading up on company history, growth plans, etc., but could use some practical advice about domiciles, schedules and equipment at IAH vs. EWR, etc. I guess I just don't want to go into class not knowing which domicile to bid for if they give us a choice.

Thanks in advance!

There is no need to read company info to get ready for class. You will have plenty of time there to do everything you need. As of bases and equipment, welcome to ewr 737!!!

There is no need to read company info to get ready for class. You will have plenty of time there to do everything you need. As of bases and equipment, welcome to ewr 737!!!

Yup that about sums it up...except possibly change 737 to 756. I'm also hearing rumblings about newhire 777 FOs again. In any case, enjoy NJ.

I'm in that class. I'm really not planning on doing any prep. We should have plenty of time for that when we get there. See in Houston.

BTW, nothing wrong with EWR. Its a good time, good people.

Thanks, guys. It's the domiciles/equipment I was mainly worried about. It's hard to make an informed newhire decision (assuming, of course, that there's a choice of equipment) when you don't know anything about the type of trips on the bid sheet for each type, domicile, etc.

See ya in IAH, ATRCA!

Starting on the 737 is a good thing. Quick time to a line and you see a nice mix of domestic and international flying right off the bat. Learning to be proficient in 5 types of 737's is not as hard as you might think but is a challenge at first. You can bid up to the 757/767 asap should you want to go that route and see some overseas cities. IAH is available quick on the 737 as well. Welcome, and have fun in Houston. First week is relaxed so get to know your classmates and have some cold beverages..

IAHERJ

Exactly, have fun in training. They prepare you well in groundschool/CBT's for the sims and the training is very laid back. Welcome aboard, the EWR 737 has so much variety, you're going to like it here.

Latest resources

Back