• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Contract Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard that new hires might get the 75/76 right off the bat. I heard ONE reason for this was the fact that there is 50% deadhead pay due to concessions. I also read somewhere this goes up this summer and again next year?

I didn't really know what was given up as far as work rules and pay. Anybody have any info of what was given up last year and when it comes back, or is it final until 2008?

Thanks

DH pay will go up to 75% on July 1, 2006 and 100% on July 1, 2007. The CAL pilots gave up a lot and there are no snap-backs on the current contract. In other words, pay rates and work rules will change when a new contract in negotiated. Best case, early 2009; worst case, who knows.

Overall, still a great place to work.

-minrest

Don't most pay rates go up every year for each year after contract is signed? Would the pay rates go up in July? If so, do you know what the first year pay would be after longevity for this July and next?

Thanks

barbiejet4life? said:
Don't most pay rates go up every year for each year after contract is signed? Would the pay rates go up in July? If so, do you know what the first year pay would be after longevity for this July and next?

Thanks

First year goes up about a buck and a half over the next two years. Same goes for about every other pay rate, a couple bucks a year for the next few years.

minrest said:
DH pay will go up to 75% on July 1, 2006 and 100% on July 1, 2007. The CAL pilots gave up a lot and there are no snap-backs on the current contract. In other words, pay rates and work rules will change when a new contract in negotiated. Best case, early 2009; worst case, who knows.

Overall, still a great place to work.

-minrest

Not entirely correct. There are snap backs but not to the level of the previous rates. I don't have it in fornt of me but I think it is 2.9% next year.

barbiejet4life? said:
I heard that new hires might get the 75/76 right off the bat. I heard ONE reason for this was the fact that there is 50% deadhead pay due to concessions. I also read somewhere this goes up this summer and again next year?

I didn't really know what was given up as far as work rules and pay. Anybody have any info of what was given up last year and when it comes back, or is it final until 2008?

Thanks

As far as the initial assignmet it depends on what is available with your class. It has nothing to do with the contract. There are people bidding off the 756 due to the work rules but that comes after you are on property and not frozen i.e released from a freeze.

Boeingman said:
As far as the initial assignmet it depends on what is available with your class. It has nothing to do with the contract. There are people bidding off the 756 due to the work rules but that comes after you are on property and not frozen i.e released from a freeze.

I imagine as the DH pay comes up, more "senior" 737 FOs will bid over to the 756, because to be honest, the IRO gig ain't that bad as far as "paying me for doing WHAT?"

The DH/Rest in coach sucks, though.

Boeingman, you up in EWR or in IAH?

Boeingman said:
Not entirely correct. There are snap backs but not to the level of the previous rates. I don't have it in fornt of me but I think it is 2.9% next year.

7/07 2%, 7/08 2%. Total of 4% on an 8.9% concession.

Latest resources

Back