• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL changing sim prep?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any intel on sim instructor positions at CAL...who to talk to and the qualifications they look for, and the usual questions about QOL, pay, etc.?

Thx

Any intel on sim instructor positions at CAL...who to talk to and the qualifications they look for, and the usual questions about QOL, pay, etc.?

Thx

Sim instructors are line pilots that are "hired" into the position. Gotta be a CA. I dont know if there is a PIC requirement. But i just flew w/ a guy that says they look at how much sick time you have as well. 18 events per month, I heard the pay is pretty good, though.

Here is the real info

Ok. I have insight into the sim at CAL. They will be using whatever sim is avail at the time. 737 or 757. Profiles have been written for both with it being very similar to the current profile. No need to stress out. Just fly the thing and the seat support guy will have everything set up for you.

Good luck

This info is from my contacts that do the sim checks on new hires and wrote the new profile.

Honestly I wouldnt sweat a thing... The 737 is easier than the MD-80 to fly, I am sure the fundamentals would be the same either way, Take-off a few turns, level off, either go direct or join a radial to a VOR and hold (randomly) then vectors to an ILS and try not to screw the landing to bad!

Thats about it, they are simply looking for some basic flying skills, the best advice I could give someone is to review random holds and work on that so you can spit them out, the world of FMS makes you real lazy especially when it comes to holding.

Latest resources

Back