Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AlbieF15

F15 Ret/FDX/InterviewPrep
Gotta a pirep from a client who "heard" the 737 was going to start being used at CAL interviews. Does anyone with ties to training/recruitment at CAL know if this is true? If so...what type of 737?

Gotta a pirep from a client who "heard" the 737 was going to start being used at CAL interviews. Does anyone with ties to training/recruitment at CAL know if this is true? If so...what type of 737?

Just had my checkride yesterday and there was a guy there waiting to do his sim prep in the MD-80. As of right now, it is not changed. However, if it does we have a 737-300 (round dial), 737-300 EFIS, 737-500, and a 737-800 sim. It would have to be one of those as I would not see us getting another one just for interviews...

HTH.....

I would bet on the 300 Round Dial. Thought I read somewhere they were putting some dough to upgrade 300 EFIS sim, so that makes it an unlikely candidate. The 500 sim is pretty busy and the 800 forget about it. Plus the round dial likes to break fairly often which fits in with the tradition of the 80 sim.

The 80 has to go, because we are seriously short on space. Gonna need space for the 787 sim and hopefully another 800 sim. I know American must love the business we've given in renting out the 800 sim due to the equipment shortage on our end. The round dial has been used before in sim checks when the 80 was broken.

Last edited:
I would bet on the 300 Round Dial. Thought I read somewhere they were putting some dough to upgrade 300 EFIS sim, so that makes it an unlikely candidate. The 500 sim is pretty busy and the 800 forget about it. Plus the round dial likes to break fairly often which fits in with the tradition of the 80 sim.

The 80 has to go, because we are seriously short on space. Gonna need space for the 787 sim and hopefully another 800 sim. I know American must love the business we've given in renting out the 800 sim due to the equipment shortage on our end. The round dial has been used before in sim checks when the 80 was broken.

I believe it will be the round dial also. The new 800 sim will be put where the old DC-10 sim used to be and I think it will be deliverd in the next 3-5 months. The 787 sim will probably be put where the 80 sim is now. What we need is about 2 more 800 sims and on more 756 sim.

i heard it's gonna be the 777. some newhires are going to it anyway...might as well try it out. although it's probably a cake machine to fly.

(i'm joking...i'd guess the round dial 737-300 also if they stop with the MD-80)

I agree...round dial 300 makes the most sense to replace the MD-80. Although if it wasn't that, I would go with the 300 EFIS or maybe both the 300 EFIS and the 300 RD for interviews. They've been talking about replacing the MD-80 for over a year now. When I interviewed in March 2006 the guy who gave me the sim said they had a buyer and it was just a matter of time before the buyer came to pick it up. Although, I heard later that the buyer fell through....who knows now?

I was told the 737 and 757 is coming soon for the sim check. The MD 80 is going soon!

Well, if they can fly that EFIS 300 they are better than Me. (not saying much) But that thing has got to be the worst simulator I have had the pleasure of getting 'trained' with. Where your seatbelts!

Well, if they can fly that EFIS 300 they are better than Me. (not saying much) But that thing has got to be the worst simulator I have had the pleasure of getting 'trained' with. Where your seatbelts!

Practice for it by juggling while standing on an over inflated baskeball while visualizing a v1 cut that looks like a high speed slalom run. :rolleyes:

Weird....I know I posted already after catIIIc but for some reason it's not showing up now.....:confused:

Anyhoo....at least the 737 profile is a little "easier." Easier configurations/callouts. Same flight maneuver profile. Takeoff, cleanup, turns, hold, ILS, landing.

And a lot less thrust lag.

Latest resources

Back