• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL CEO Overrides EWR CAL CP Fred Stankovich RE EWR/NRT FLU CREW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
staffing formulas that would cause Stephen Hawking to shake his head (if he could).....

OMG that was funny! Harsh...but funny.

Someone explain the angst with the FAs and the rooms? I come from a land without them, and I'm not sure I understand from the note what's going on.

Great note CAL MEC.

Ahhh, a land without flight attendants. Tell me more....

You mean that you don't hear people talking on phones for the entire van ride to and from the hotel? You don't have to calm someone down while calling ATC and running checklists during an emergency? No one rolls their eyes at you when you ask to use the lav during a 3 hour flight?

In all seriousness that is a great letter to the pilot group. Best of luck to all at CAL to get some issues resolved this year.

Wow.

Can a JB pilot join? I can bring 645 of my friends as well.

I have been told that possibly there will be an ALPA organizing drive this summer at JetBlue, any truth? I have volunteered to spend some time on the campaign if the such a campaign actually materializes. I would be happy to bring each and every addition of the Magenta Line and my aggressive in your face union style with me.

I helped bring ALPA on the property in 2001. I was extremely disappointed (I am being kind) with our former MEC that brought us a POS contract, and honestly not to happy with the politics within ALPA National. So I ran for office to make a difference and put my money where my mouth was.

Fraternally,

Jayson Baron
Continental Newark LEC 170 Chairman
Continental Newark Captain Representative

PS. Before anyone thinks I am getting to full of myself that isn't at all true. I am working my tail off for our pilots to the best of my abilty. In the past working with our company and trying to play nice hasn't worked. In actuality our company has taken complete advantage of it and benefited greatly by it. We our taking a new approach and only time will tell if this strategy will lead to a real contract, a contract we can truly be proud of. I am a by product of working for this company for over half my life. Started at CAL in 1987 at 21 and I am 43 today. I turned into the no BS in your face trade unionist because the way my peers have been treated over the last 22 years. It's actually amazing to state our pilots were treated better in the late 80's under Lorenzo and his flight ops team then we do today.

Last edited:
staffing formulas that would cause Stephen Hawking to shake his head (if he could).....

OMG that was funny! Harsh...but funny.

Someone explain the angst with the FAs and the rooms? I come from a land without them, and I'm not sure I understand from the note what's going on.

Great note CAL MEC.

In some, mostly international, locations the hotels provide upgraded rooms for the cockpit crew. The ISM's (internatonal service manager(lead flight attendant)) at Continental somehow have taken on the duty of obtaining keys and rooms for the entire crew. Some are now reassiging (stealing) these upgraded rooms for themselves and their flight attendant friends, claiming "We are on crew rest and deserve these rooms more than you lazy a$$ pilots. After all we work much harder than you"

This comment...

"On another recent flight, an ISM, after grabbing the hotel keys from the Captain, stuck her hand in his face and said: “I’m on crew rest—I don’t have to listen to you!”

was a direct result of one of our captains trying to get his upgraded room back.

Wow, CAL pilot group has completely transformed.

I wish that were true. This is the fruit of our EWR reps who as far as I'm concerned are the true leaders of our union. Jayson, Tara, and Kaye have done a lot to re-ignite the pilot group. It's a shame that our other base reps don't seem to have the passion or ability to do the same. Through their efforts, I have a lot of confidence that JTK will spread the fire.

Jayson, you saying that you are "...working my tail off for our pilots to the best of my abilty" is an understatement. You go way above and beyond what I've ever seen reps do for their pilots. Thank you for your efforts! I hope to be joining you soon (after I complete my downgrade training).

Well done. Keep up the good work, Jayson.

JB,

Here's to getting it done the hard way, diplomacy got shoved up our a$$ so now it's time to swing the bats. Either get on board or get the f**k out of the way.

SS

Latest resources

Back