• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Scrapdog,

How's the training center treating you?

Scrapdog,

How's the training center treating you?

Pk - good to hear from you. Training center is just fine. I just finished the A FTD's...onto the B's tomorrow. So far so good. Learning the whole "crew concept" which is a different ball of wax for me. Everyone is friendly and I've got a good group in my class. Should finish up and start IOE in early Feb.

Take it easy!!

HKG. I continue to get feedback from both sides on the 3 day layovers. This may be a mute point as the FAA may be “helping” us with the decision. They have proposed a change to the Ops Specs for ultra long haul flights(16+ hours) that will require a longer layover in addition to a few other rules, one of which you commuters will not like. How would a mandatory 24 hours in domicile PRIOR to departure work for you? Leave it to the FAA to come through for us.

If you're required to be at work 24 hours prior, then that's when the pay starts. 4+30 per day I believe. So add 9 hours of pay to the top of the trip.

By the way, this is really the only way to deal with crew rest. Why do you need rest after duty, as it is now. The FAA needs to institute rules that ensure rest before duty, and the company needs to pay for this "on duty" time.

Hey Guys,
what does the "Recommended list" equate to in time? I have been put in that status.

Any Advice would be great.

thanks

Latest resources

Back