Cal Calls?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Guys,
what does the "Recommended list" equate to in time? I have been put in that status.

Any Advice would be great.

thanks

I filled out the on-line app. in Sept 05. I was informed I made it to the list in Oct 06. So, I guess it was about a 3 month wait for me (from list to call).

Good luck.
I know, if I'm lucky enough to get hired, it will definitely be worth the wait.

Thanks rk772,

I guess the "Recommended" is the short stack? Or, I hope it is the short stack.

Guam

Thanks rk772,

I guess the "Recommended" is the short stack? Or, I hope it is the short stack.

Guam

If you're referring to the "Chief Pilots recommended list" then you are correct.
My sponsor called me in Oct and told me that I was on a short list in the Chief Pilots office. My interview call came a little over a week ago.

For what it's worth, a friend of mine did some checking for me today.

Until recently, CO was taking something like 1 guy off the street for every 7 Express Jet guys. Not a hard # but pretty close. One of the Jan. classes was different. One guy from Citation Shares, one from Flight Options, 2-3 from express jet and around 10 or so from various commuters and 2 or 3 from JetBlue. In addition, as has been reported here and elsewhere, they were really backed up and trying to get poolies into training classes (supposedly). Thats in the past now and my bud say things should start moving again shortly.

You guys with the 2-4 month turnarounds...that's awesome. I've been trying for over a year. And my original sponsor just retired...ARRG!

Good luck!

Sweet, Good luck dude. Hope you are online there soon. Thanks

I just got the good call from my sponsor. I'll be starting class in March. Good luck to everyone. Look forward to meeting some of you in the EWR crew-room soon.

What are your collective thoughts?

My sponsor (retired 737 Captain) who is in the know with all those that matter told me last week that somebody (he named the name, but I can't remember) was pulling my online resume to look at on Friday or Monday (of this past week). Does that have any correlation to this "recommended list" you are all referring to and does that sound like my chances are good at least for an interview?

thanks in advance,
fb

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back