• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Continental-recalling-some-apf-350333749.html?x=0&.v=1

On Tuesday May 18, 2010, 5:55 pm EDT
HOUSTON (AP) -- Continental Airlines Inc. said Tuesday it is recalling the first pilots among a group that was furloughed in 2008. The carrier expects to rehire the rest within a year.

The company said it is also bringing back 111 pilots who took voluntary leave or other measures designed to limit the number of furloughs in 2008 and 2009.

"We see this as an encouraging sign and one of the first steps in recalling all of our 147 pilots currently on furlough in a year," Continental spokeswoman Julie King said.

King said the moves were made possible because Houston-based Continental will be adding two new Boeing 777 aircraft this fall, increasing its international flights from Guam, and replacing pilots who are retiring.

Jay Pierce, chairman of the Continental chapter of the Air Line Pilots Association, said his group was pleased with the recalls.

Pierce said that with new aircraft, an improving economy and expectations for more passenger travel during the summer, "the return of our furloughed pilots -- all of them -- is needed to maintain the level of service that Continental is known for."

I don't know of any merger arbitration in history that has ever displaced a pilot actively working on the property to replace him with a furloughed pilot.

In the TWA/AA merger the "snapshot" was sometime in late(nov?) 2002 I believe, which was like a year and a half after the announcement.

The snapshot was done in Spring of '01. They rearranged the furlough order after the SLI was done and brought back furloughed AA pilots that were now ahead of TWA pilots.

I don't know of any merger arbitration in history that has ever displaced a pilot actively working on the property to replace him with a furloughed pilot.

I don't think anyone will be displaced how ever some guys at the bottom may have recalls come back ahead of them! Only time will tell!

So if the snapshot was already taken, these recalls could get displaced once the final Seniority Integration List is published and replaced by United pilots who are currently furloughed? I hope the potential recalls are given all the facts and scenarios before making the decision to come back, especially if resigning from another job to do so.

That is a distinct possibility, but not for sure until the arbitration is done. I hope this is brought up to potential recalls. It would suck to give up a somewhat stable job to come back to CAL/United just to get furloughed a year later after the SLI is complete.

Really, ask the America West pilots who had a job who are now replaced by furloughed USAPIANS

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Continental-recalling-some-apf-350333749.html?x=0&.v=1

On Tuesday May 18, 2010, 5:55 pm EDT
HOUSTON (AP) -- Continental Airlines Inc. said Tuesday it is recalling the first pilots among a group that was furloughed in 2008. The carrier expects to rehire the rest within a year.

The company said it is also bringing back 111 pilots who took voluntary leave or other measures designed to limit the number of furloughs in 2008 and 2009.

"We see this as an encouraging sign and one of the first steps in recalling all of our 147 pilots currently on furlough in a year," Continental spokeswoman Julie King said.

King said the moves were made possible because Houston-based Continental will be adding two new Boeing 777 aircraft this fall, increasing its international flights from Guam, and replacing pilots who are retiring.

Jay Pierce, chairman of the Continental chapter of the Air Line Pilots Association, said his group was pleased with the recalls.

Pierce said that with new aircraft, an improving economy and expectations for more passenger travel during the summer, "the return of our furloughed pilots -- all of them -- is needed to maintain the level of service that Continental is known for."

The dangling carrots will continue to get bigger as we approach the deadline for the JV. Wonder how many of the 147 will actually return or for that matter how many of the furloughees will they go through to reach that 15 number?

The dangling carrots will continue to get bigger as we approach the deadline for the JV. Wonder how many of the 147 will actually return or for that matter how many of the furloughees will they go through to reach that 15 number?
My guess is it will get to about #25. I am # 19 and I will be bypassing. I have another flying job that I can't give up with all the uncertainty.

Latest resources

Back