• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JetPilot_Mike

UAL Furlough Fodder
Couple of questions:

Do people generally list something under salary on their app, since we aren't salary pilots? Would I just put my hourly wage ($70/hr)? Is it bad to leave that blank?

Driving history: How many tickets is too many? How far back do they check? I had a ticket back in 1993, I think, but I can't find the exact date. My state (Ohio) only give info back 3 years. Should I just approximate? I wanna be as truthful as possible.

Thanks.

I think it's safe to put hourly wage.

As for how far back for tickets, well the airline apps instructions page says:
Our advice is to be extremely honest as to your circumstances involving driving violations. Background checks will be performed to check your driving record and any non-disclosure on your application or during the interview process may immediately disqualify you for employment consideration.

You're going to have to make the decision. On the one hand it is highly unlikely they will find out about a ticket over 10 years ago. On the other hand it almost certainly doesn't hurt you to list it. You are not going to be rejected over a 10 year old ticket.

Captain X said:

I used to have to run driver checks in connection with a small 135 operation. We would check the NDR and the state driving record for the state which they currently have a license in.

The NDR doesn't show speeding tickets, just things like suspension, revocation, and DWI's.

Latest resources

Back