• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL and XJT Merging?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I see good things never die. That rumor was around back in the mid 90's when I was there.
:beer:

they were the same company....Continental owned continental express (as it was called back then)...geessss!!!

That's funny. I jumpseat on CAL all the time from
St. Louis and CAL guys seem to talk about it as well.

Really? Because I haven't seen a CAL airplane in STL in years. Maybe some of the commuting pilots at CAL who hear this all the time from the XJT pilots on the jumpseats they ride might be talking about it. I heard it from about 5 XJT pilots yet nobody at CAL is hearing this rumor. If it did happen it would be a staple, period. I doubt it will happen though as CAL can fly 70-90 seat jets without purchasing XJT and their pilots.

IAHERJ

If it did happen it would be a staple, period. I doubt it will happen though as CAL can fly 70-90 seat jets without purchasing XJT and their pilots.

IAHERJ

Why would there be a merging of lists at all? When XJT was wholly owned before, the lists were separate. They could do that again. But what is the business purpose of buying a regional? Everyone seems to have learned a lesson from the Comair strike back in the day. Diversify feed, pit one regional against another, and keep costs low. Its why pokemyhole took a pay cut last year.

Holy January 2001 Batman! Anybody seen Doc Brown and that flying Delorian cause I'd rather not relive the last 8 years of this profession.

where is the donkey??? This is great, big carrot hey we're going to work on this merger deal.... but only if you guys can take another 10% paycut. Really, we're workin on it. DOH and everything. all rj fo's will be sitting in the 787 right seat by 2011... if it ever flies

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa

Is there a Darwin award for stupid rumors and people that believe them?

If it ever did happen, it would be a staple. I could care less if we merge, but it'll be a staple. It would give me job security and give XJT guys career progression. Other than that....keep dreaming.

If it ever did happen, it would be a staple. I could care less if we merge, but it'll be a staple. It would give me job security and give XJT guys career progression. Other than that....keep dreaming.

:puke: yea, then they can furlough the $20/hr guys! for like 8 months and spend $millions retraining everyone!:puke:

Latest resources

Back