CAL and Mokulele

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MCOE175

Maybe this will be part of the driving nail into Mesa... Who knows?

http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/stories/2009/04/20/daily43.html?ana=from_rss

Kona-based Mokulele Airlines has signed an interline electronic ticketing agreement with Continental Airlines.
The agreement allows passengers to book and ticket destinations in Hawaii beyond Continental’s Honolulu gateway to neighbor islands.
“This agreement makes ‘one stop shopping’ possible for those traveling from the mainland to points throughout the islands,” said Scott Durgin, interim CEO of Mokulele Airlines, in a statement. “When booking with Continental, passengers can view Mokulele’s interisland flight schedules and purchase tickets to their final destination in Hawaii in one simple transaction.”
Continental, based in Houston, is the eighth-largest airline servicing Honolulu International Airport.

Maybe this will be part of the driving nail into Mesa... Who knows?

http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/stories/2009/04/20/daily43.html?ana=from_rss

Kona-based Mokulele Airlines has signed an interline electronic ticketing agreement with Continental Airlines.
The agreement allows passengers to book and ticket destinations in Hawaii beyond Continental’s Honolulu gateway to neighbor islands.
“This agreement makes ‘one stop shopping’ possible for those traveling from the mainland to points throughout the islands,” said Scott Durgin, interim CEO of Mokulele Airlines, in a statement. “When booking with Continental, passengers can view Mokulele’s interisland flight schedules and purchase tickets to their final destination in Hawaii in one simple transaction.”
Continental, based in Houston, is the eighth-largest airline servicing Honolulu International Airport.

Interesting way for CAL to get around that pesky little 50 seat scope issue. I hope they have air tight language regarding code share in the lower 48!

Interesting way for CAL to get around that pesky little 50 seat scope issue. I hope they have air tight language regarding code share in the lower 48!

This is no different than codesharing with United/Delta/Northwest/etc. They all have larger than 50 seat RJs.

I have never heard of a scope clause only concerning the 48 contiguous states.. "The Harvard of the Skies", eh?

Continental people hate JO. The scumbag used to work there and was kicked out. I wouldn't be surprise if they did that just to force GO! out of business.
Karma is a biiiaaatch!

This is no different than codesharing with United/Delta/Northwest/etc. They all have larger than 50 seat RJs.

I have never heard of a scope clause only concerning the 48 contiguous states.. "The Harvard of the Skies", eh?

Exactly my point. What stops CAL from "code sharing" with Republic in the lower 48. Removing CAL planes and replacing them with Republic Airlines e170/190. Oh yea Republic just got approval from the FAA to run Independent flagship operations too.

Scope very much does concern code sharing as well. Several Airlines have clauses specific to Hawaii. Southwest with ATA was just one example.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back