• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mea25000

Alaska, Continental ending
codeshare, frequent flier ties

Value of relationship diminished now that
the Eskimo serves Houston and Newark

July 24, 2009 ― Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air will end their codeshare and frequent flier partnership with
25_Continental-Airlines.gif
Continental this fall — meaning customers will no longer be able to book codeshare flights or earn or redeem miles interchangeably between the carriers. The decision to end the partnership was mutual

I hear we wanted CAL to put the code share on our IAH flight and they told ALK to take a long walk. Sounds like ALK may up its IAH flights from one to two or maybe even three. Sounds like 20 furloughs at most.​

Next step in the DAL/ALK merger....

Alaska, Continental ending
codeshare, frequent flier ties

Value of relationship diminished now that
the Eskimo serves Houston and Newark

July 24, 2009 ― Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air will end their codeshare and frequent flier partnership with
25_Continental-Airlines.gif
Continental this fall — meaning customers will no longer be able to book codeshare flights or earn or redeem miles interchangeably between the carriers. The decision to end the partnership was mutual

I hear we wanted CAL to put the code share on our IAH flight and they told ALK to take a long walk. Sounds like ALK may up its IAH flights from one to two or maybe even three. Sounds like 20 furloughs at most.​

Glad one airline like CAL wants to do their own flying.. Good on you CAL.

Don't worry AK I am sure AA would love to code-share more with you, ala more flying for you all and less flying us...

AA

Next step in the DAL/ALK merger....

Not yet. UAL goes under and liquidates. American picks up a majority of the Pacific routes and looks at Alaska for a stronger codeshare. Then Delta will step up and buy us to prevent American from sleeping with us, I mean codesharing with us.

Every time I jumpseat on CAL, the pilots are wearing Cowboy boots...friggin cowpoke, nastyass cowboy boots...is that just an IAH thing? Or do other airlines let their pilots dress like retards?

Not yet. UAL goes under and liquidates. American picks up a majority of the Pacific routes and looks at Alaska for a stronger codeshare. Then Delta will step up and buy us to prevent American from sleeping with us, I mean codesharing with us.

Yet another moron looking for the demise of UAL. This is really getting boring

Every time I jumpseat on CAL, the pilots are wearing Cowboy boots...friggin cowpoke, nastyass cowboy boots...is that just an IAH thing? Or do other airlines let their pilots dress like retards?

You should ask the Captain that when you ask to ride his jumpseat.

Houston is in Texas, do the math. I wear Roopers in the winter and European-style formal toecaps in the summer. Lots of DAL mainline and connection pilots wear boots.

Sorry if they're not metro enough for you?

(Glad one airline like CAL wants to do their own flying.. Good on you CAL.)

Cal is not doing any extra flying... Just switching its west coast feed to UAL. I think these two have to be merging soon. Hopefully the new UAL will be managed better and do well. We need some good news and some healthy airlines so we all can have better careers.

Latest resources

Back