Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

densoo

Almost sounds like the good ol' days.

"...On a positive note, our seniority list continues to grow in numbers, as our latest new hire class joined our airline this week. Current projections indicate approximately 48 pilots per month indefinitely. This positive news for us all nonetheless stretches the Training Department, our brother and sister instructor core and our facilities to the max.. As our new pilots transit to their bases and join us in the cockpits, extend the hand of welcome to each and every one of them. We also have new hire flight attendants joining our flight crews; please welcome them aboard as well."
--CALALPA MEC 5/13/5

All Pilots
B757/767 Flight Instructor vacancies are anticipated in the Flight Standards Department in the near future ... forward your resume. 5/13/5

TO: All Pilots
B777 Flight Instructor vacancies are anticipated in the Flight Standards Department in the near future ... forward your resume. 5/13/5

TO: All Pilots
An increased training requirement is anticipated on the Boeing 737 Fleet ... please forward a current resume. 9/30/4

Last edited:
Looks good over at CAL. Hopefully 35 of those 48 per month will come from XJT. They hired over 250 of us in 2002, now it's time for them to live up to their word.

Plato Rhyne II, Delta Airlines, circa 2000....

"...we will be hiring 60 a month forever!...."

God bless the fine folks at Continental, and I certainly hope it comes to pass.

AlbieF15 said:
Plato Rhyne II, Delta Airlines, circa 2000....

"...we will be hiring 60 a month forever!...."

God bless the fine folks at Continental, and I certainly hope it comes to pass.

Plato Rhyne does have a son, Plato JR that does fly for DL. No joke.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Actually, General...if you read the fine print the son is Plato III. We have some mutual friends from AU days. He also has one of the most interesting (and tragic) stories of surving a UPT midair I have ever heard.

AlbieF15 said:
Actually, General...if you read the fine print the son is Plato III. We have some mutual friends from AU days. He also has one of the most interesting (and tragic) stories of surving a UPT midair I have ever heard.

Yeah, I didn't know there were 3. Plato 2 is a very interesting man, and I enjoyed talking to him a couple of times. I am sure he has some great Navy stories.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Truckdriver said:
Looks good over at CAL. Hopefully 35 of those 48 per month will come from XJT. They hired over 250 of us in 2002, now it's time for them to live up to their word.

I didnt think guys hired after about 96 were eligible for the flow through.

Truckdriver said:

Umm, what word would that be? I don't mean to be a dick, but the flow through is done, so after Schindler's List and the PIG guys... then what?

He IS talking about the PIGS...thats why its time for CAL to live up to its word. Those folks went through an interview, sim ride and were hired by CAL....now CAL is saying that they want to hire other people in front of them. This has nothing to do with the Flow through, these are hired folks who interviewed just the same as any off the street guy would but are being discriminated against because of where they currently work. There I said it.

Latest resources

Back