• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

cactus callsign driving controllers nuts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree It's a travesty they have to say Cactus. The merger(aquisition) should have never occured. That way instead of them stumbling over "Cactus" there would just be dead space radio static, because THERE WOULD BE NO MORE US AIR.

I agree It's a travesty they have to say Cactus. The merger(aquisition) should have never occured. That way instead of them stumbling over "Cactus" there would just be dead space radio static, because THERE WOULD BE NO MORE US AIR.

Deal with reality....it is what it is.

Kinda like having an ugly baby...gotta deal with it. This whining about "never should've happened" is nothing but mental masturbation...you'll never get any real satisfaction.

The real question is...as a line pilot with little or no influence...what is your solution?

Last edited:
Tejas -- you misread Deadalus's post. Deadalus is spot on. Without Cactus, AAA would have gone under.

Now we are going to change the strip to reflect AWE since the controllers are having such a hard time. It doesn't help when the East guys respond US Air instead of correcting the situation. It was a real pleasure to hear the East Blue top's response yesterday when told to follow us, "roger follow the America West Airbus." yeah we just smiled inside our Cactus jet ... those East guys are so professional -- the funny thing is that everyone in the industry knows how childish they sound.

For all those that just couldn't follow the rules. Here is the text of the FAA Change:

EFFECTIVE: 09/19/2008 TIME 0800Z

CANCELLATION: 01/15/2009

SUBJECT: CHANGES TO FAA ORDER JO 7340.2, CONTRACTIONS, CHAPTER 3, SECTIONS 1, 2, AND 3.

THE FOLLOWING ADDITION, CANCELLATION, MODIFICATION TO THE CORPORATE
TELEPHONY AND IDENTIFIER ASSIGNMENTS HAVE BEEN APPROVED.

THIS CANCELS GENOT RWA 8/20

MODIFICATIONS COMPANY TELEPHONY IDENT

TO : US AIRWAYS (PHOENIX, AZ) CACTUS AWE

Tejas -- you misread Deadalus's post. Deadalus is spot on. Without Cactus, AAA would have gone under.

Now we are going to change the strip to reflect AWE since the controllers are having such a hard time. It doesn't help when the East guys respond US Air instead of correcting the situation. It was a real pleasure to hear the East Blue top's response yesterday when told to follow us, "roger follow the America West Airbus." yeah we just smiled inside our Cactus jet ... those East guys are so professional -- the funny thing is that everyone in the industry knows how childish they sound.

What a sad life you live.

Is it your or You're? Crack a book every now and again, flyboy!!!

Why is that you grammer police folks come across as tools? Maybe because its the only come back you have?

You should do less book cracking, and more a$$ cracking.

Now I can see why everyone at Piedmont Airlines thought you were a big turd.

Last edited:
What a sad life you live.

Weasel;
Sad? No. We refuse to roll over and die and or quit at the incessant attacks against Cactus pilots. The USAPA machine is appealing the lawsuit (that was dismissed with prejudice), and we hear that they are sending out letters to pilots that threatens to fire any pilots that have not joined your little fiefdom.

Amazing. America West NEVER fired a pilot under the Section 29 portion of the contract. I believe the same could be said about the former US Air. That said, USAPA is attempting to FORCE terminations at the new airline for the first time.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch pilots that were working BEFORE America West Holdings acquired US Air are going to be furloughed (October 1st) BEFORE new hire pilots (third list) that are working in the east bases. Not exactly "date of hire", huh?

USAPA is blissfully helping east pilots become the new pariahs of the US Commercial Airline world. Just wait and see how much good will is repaid back to you for the rest of your careers.

Smile and enjoy the ride. If Parker launches after UAL or some other airline for merger, your USAPA will be voted into extinction.

I've got to go now. I'm writing letters to my senators (Bond & McCaskill) about how you seem to empower the furlough of former TWA/AWA now LCC pilots ahead of new hires. You might remember that Bond & McCaskill amended a bill last winter that protects airline employees in a merger (it somewhat mirrors the ALPA merger policy). I'm also writing to the Department of Labor, NMB, and other various committees.

It's funny. Those that have responded can not believe the shenanigans that happening here.

And people wonder why some politicians think that pilots are greedy crybabies. Thanks USAPA for helping to improve our image.

Its all part of our plan to destroy USAPA now that they have accepted many of us as members! Now that I'm on the inside I am going to pillage, undermine and destroy this joke of a union. For the brotherhood and the profession.

Latest resources

Back