Cabo San Lucas

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ultrarunner said:
We have a 5-day coming up down there. Any hotel tips?

We go there often, in fact we will be there Friday for 5 days. We stay at the Crown Plaza, all inclusive and cold beer. This trip the rate thru Universal is $130/night. I know there are several others that are as good or better, but we like the Crown so we always stay there. I recommend getting a rental car, taxis are expensive, we use Dollar they have a counter in the FBO building and it makes life easy, just be sure to tip Enrique, he'll appreciate it.

The Westin

The Westin is great, they are showing 165.00 a night. You can probably find a less expensive spot ($30-$40 less) but you cant beat the pool and the heavenly bed. The food is good as well which can be difficult to find in Cabo.

Try the Royal Solaris in San Jose Del Cabo, near the Presidente...about $105 all inclusive...swim-up bar!!

Mmsd

Mate,

The Crowne Plaza, right next (north/east) of the Royal Solaris is about as good as it gets, least ye spend a big bucket of bucks.

I suggest you try a little tuna fishing, now's the time.

If you are adventurist, drive up Hwy 1 to the Riberia cut off. Take it east to the capes and visit "Cabo Pulmo' (where I own a pulapa) and the Hotel Los Frailes (the finest accomodations and margaritas on the east capes) ... really remote, really friendly and really nice.

Just stay out of downtown Cabo ... the Federalies can be pretty strict!

TransMach

We just got back from there right before Thanksgiving. We stayed at the Hilton. It has a great pool and nice beach. Is is a great compromise between Cabo and San Jose del Cabo. The Hotel offers a bus between the property and downtown Cabo for $10.00 a day. We did that as opposed to renting an overpriced rent-a-wreck.

We paid $180.00/night but it was Veterens Day weekend. I am sure you could get a better deal prior to Christmas.

If you want to hang out in town you might to look at the Finnestarra. I have stayed there several times. Nice pool, good beach and right in the middle of town. If you want to drink and find something strange I would recommend this hotel over the Hilton.

As a rule, I always avoid the all inclusive places. The food typically sucks and drinks are of very low quality. For that matter you can find GREAT food in Cabo. It is not cheap, but it is very good. I would recommend Mi Casa for traditional and Edith's for sea-food. There is always Ruth's Chris and other American chains there, but the local fare is very good.

Have a great time.

Latest resources

Back