• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

C172 Magneto question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just assumed you had more working knowlege of a reciprocating aircraft engine ignition system.

(?) I'm just a flunky controller. But if it makes you fell any better, I'm taking a break from taking my airbox apart to install a McFarlane kit. It's still 99 freakin degrees outside, and it's almost dark! Thank God that "cold" front went thru, it was 107 yesterday!

I wasn't trying to put you down, I was explaining that I wasn't talking to a hangar full of mechanics, like I'm accustomed to.

Theres nothing wrong with being "just a controller", I sat at several consoles at ZHU and I don't think that I could keep "green between" in a busy low sector.

One hundred seven degrees, where are you, ILE, TPL, ACT? Here in TYS, we managed to reach 81 yesterday.

Hey, I wasn't trying to question your answer either, just my understanding. :D

What little I do know applies to older airframes. I don't think I've even looked "under the hood" of any production piston airframe newer than 1990 or so that I can recall. I'm hangared at a little airport in a time warp. There's an early C-170 on one side of me, and a straight-tailed C-172 on the other, a half dozen C-140s in various states of disrepair and disassembley, etc. and about 2000 black widow spiders guarding it all... :p

I'm about 40 SE of TPL.

Latest resources

Back