C130 Crash Video

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Avbug

goldentrout, I agree Avbug does sound very arrogant most of the time. He is probably a guy that just never was good enough to be a military pilot like us and still holds a lot of resentment. But then again its hard being good enough for the military to want you. We are few and far between.

"But then again its hard being good enough for the military to want you. We are few and far between."

bbj, your the one sounding arrogant. Get over yourself.

If avbug doesn't want to talk about it he has that right.

Give the guy a break.

Aero99,

Look at B-J-J Fighter's profile. Read his posts. He's nothing but a flamer. I'm surprised you took his bait.

Arrogant

Of course my profile is a joke, I have not flown any of those airplanes. I got accepted to fly in the Army last week and the Marines.

Im going army because of the wrestling program program, yep thats right the wrestling program. I wrestled D1 in college and went to the nationals only to be injured and having to rehab my knee. Its about to be back to 100 % after 4 years of rehab. I was ranked nationally and plan to wrestle in the army's program after flight school. I have 2 former college wrestling buddy on the team and they say its a blast being able to wrestle on the team. I look really foward to the competition of trying to make the team. I know I will be able to do it. I wrestled some world class russian guys last week that are here for the summer running camps and yes they beat me but I was able to "hang".

Yes I'm arrogant and yes I have an ego, but I can back it up.

Last edited:
I have been reading, with great interest, all of the information that everyone is sharing on this subject.

While it seems that Avbug is being honest about his exploits in this industry and a good source for information about this terrible accident, why give him a hard time if he feels the need to not "speculate" or offer a reason for why this happened?

I suppose that everyone has heard of the word "ASSUME" and knows the saying that goes along with it and while everyone does have an opinion, remember that opinions are subjective.

And as for the "being a military pilot" statement? I too, am not a military pilot and I would have been except for eye problems. Just because I am not a Gov't trained aviator, does not make me or anyone else like me, any less of a pilot.

Because I am a pilot, I would love to hear what it is like to be a military pilot and fly mach 2, dog fight and all of the other cool stories that you might have but beacuse I am a pilot, I would be JUST as interested in listening to a 90 year old pilot at the local airport telling me how to land a T-Craft in a x-wind.

Just my .02

Oh yeah, goldentrout. You're right. Not being in on this one will compromise your safety in a big way. Denying the spirit, blasphemous to the profession. You'll be cursing me if you find yourself in that BE-1900 at 150' some night in 300 foot flames.

Do you really think that anything at all connected to this event will in any way change the way you operate, or provide meaningful information that will affect the safety of your operations? Didn't think so.

There is a very select few people who it will affect, however, in a big way, and on a very personal level. They already know. Nuff said?

There is no resentment for or against the military on my part. I have a great deal of resentment against egoistic aviators; ego, like speed, kills. Any inferrence to such fantasy sounds more freudian than realistic. I harbor no such desires, fantasies, and have enough experience in military equipment that I don't need to harbor those fantasies. And yes, I'm just as happy in a cub as a lear as anything else...it all flies, and I'm plain lucky to be able to do it.

Forget the "good enough" garbage, and all the hollywood tripe about being the best. That's hogwash. It's all about being fortuante enough to be able to fly at all, and increadibly fortunate enough to be able to get paid to do it. There are certain lines of work that have no glory to them at all; flying tankers is one of those lines. It's very dirty, very messy, gets no respect, and involves a great deal of risk. Those who do it are often referred to as "tanker trash."

Considering the millions of individuals who yearn to fly and who will never get the chance, we who do have such a privilege owe it to the world to treat our profession with respect, and humility, and only the deepest of gratitude for what we are able to do. Any egoistic self serving statement above and beyond this is only detrimental to us all, and is most certainly in stark disrespect for the spirit of the community.

Avbug

On some posts you seem like a nice guy and provide good info, on some posts like "Which A/C was hard for you to fly" or something along those lines, it was a thread a while back you just seem flat out arrogant. Im done with this thread argueing on the net is dumb.

GoldenTrout, B-B-Jfighter,etc.

Me thinks that you boys don't understand that this is an anonymous bbs. One must read a posters writings and decide if that person is who says he is. Some participants obviously have a great deal of experience and knowledge, Avbug appears to fit that catagory. So when he writes, I read. However, being human he sometimes does make mistakes. I would say that it was his mistake to enter into this discussion. I forgive him. I have no doubt that he is/was a fire bomber pilot and but I also am disappointed that he "teased" us with a statement that was tantamount to saying Na-Na-Na-Boo-Boo. However, as I said this is just a bbs. If you don't like his posts, don't bother reading. Fussing with him is just a waste of all our time.

The south will rise again!

I found where AVBUG made the statement that you can not use your shoulder harness for takeoff and power setting. I thought that was strange. I have never flown in the C130A, but with 1990 hours in the E and H model. I did not know. So I talked with my chief FE who flew on the A model. He said that the FE never touches the power levers, in a takeoff or any other time. I called the chief FE of the 21st Air Force and asked him the same question. His answer was the same. So unless something has changed the FE never touches the power lever.

Latest resources

Back