• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

C-90 pay?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just turned down a C90B job. They had great equipment, good pay, seemed like a good company. However there was a noncompete clause (that one could not fly for anyone that does their kind of flying for a 3 or 4 state area) that would be in effect for a full year after leaving them , and I did not feel I could sign it in good faith.

Headwind said:
As Chief Pilot of a one man operation you must: Keep the aircraft clean, keep the hangar & restroom clean, flightplan, arrange ground transportation & hotels, track, arrange, and supervise maintenance, plus many other important duties. These duties have value no matter what type aircraft you fly. Flying is only a small part of the job.
What I was trying to say is that the aircraft should match the mission and your pay should not go up or down every time the company trades aircraft.

HEADWIND

Headwind. Your obvious expirence does afford you a certain degree of respect, so no disrespect is intended. BUT.....

As a matter of fact your pay SHOULD change. If you keep pay the same when you upgrade guess what 9 out of 10 people do .... they quit when they get the expirence. Enlighten yourself. Expect the top pay for what you do. If you do not, the boss will not respect you and walk all over you. He expects top pay. After all, he owns an aircraft. G-200 is right on the money. If they are downgrading ... well look for another job .... yours is probably history soon.

Your duties may include cleaning the floors, bathroom, A/C detail ect. If so do what we do. Pick up the phone and have it done. Everyone deseves a life when they are not on the road. I get my admin duties done when I am on the road. When I get home I pick up the phone and have the detailer come out and clean the airplane. While I am gone the floors get cleaned. Do Jepps while sitting at the hotel. This job does not have to take over your entire life. This is just a job.

Boss cannot afford all these extra .... too bad. He cannot afford an airplane!

:beer:

Anyone know of any Cheyenne II openings? I got 160 hours in one.

BE-200 part 91 west...

SIC 250 a day
PIC 350 a day

Excellent advice guys, I really appreciate it! BTW, Kingairyahoo...is that EagleMed you're talking about? I have a bunch of friends there and have a lot of good things to say about that company.

Hopefully you're not referring to the company by the same name, out of Blanding, UT. For all the aircraft they've crashed, despite their name change, they're a family run business by a family that doesn't know aviation...and their reputation preceedes them.

414Flyer said:
I just turned down a C90B job. They had great equipment, good pay, seemed like a good company. However there was a noncompete clause (that one could not fly for anyone that does their kind of flying for a 3 or 4 state area) that would be in effect for a full year after leaving them , and I did not feel I could sign it in good faith.

If you're in that situation again, have a lawyer look at the contract. That strikes me as a textbook example of a non-enforceable non-compete clause. Courts won't enforce non-compete clauses unless the company has some reasonable interest. EG if you're a doctor and can take numerous patients away from a practice or if you have obtained unique/proprietary skills that a competitor can benefit from. Essentially, the situation must be involve harm to the company over and above the harm of you simply quitting.

I cannot imagine any circumstance where a pilot with widely available, industy-standard skills could give undue advantage to a competitor.

avbug said:
Hopefully you're not referring to the company by the same name, out of Blanding, UT. For all the aircraft they've crashed, despite their name change, they're a family run business by a family that doesn't know aviation...and their reputation preceedes them.

No, Avbug, I know who he's referring to...this one's outta ICT. Seems like a great outfit. My friends there love it! ;)

Latest resources

Back