• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

C-5 down at Dover (merged)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We have had to cancel more trips lately because of MAINT. issues. We are getting 4 more jets by next year. Cant wait.

C-5 MEM

C-5 MEM said:
I have been on the C-5 for some time. The light 0059 had was a TR light on no TR deployed. Plues if they did have a TR deploy in flight the Engine was shut down. I dont see any engine with the TR deployed. I dont know the answer to what happend only ideas which could be any number of things.
Satpak: The flight engineer can dump fuel anytime to get it down 732500 or 159250 on the fuel.
RJP: We use Jet A-1. We can use JP-8 but the bases and civilian airfields always have Jet A-1.

I have read on other post friends talking to those on the crew. Anytime a crash occurs crews are given a document not to discuss anything about the crash.
A report we be sent out in 30 days post crash report. Our unit we get the report and when it is released I will let everyone know.

C-5 MEM

We use JP-8 at every Air Force base that has C-5's stationed there. Jet A-1 is not uncommon when we're at non-mil fields, but not frequent either.

Weights

We practice a 2 engine emergency return at 840K in the sim every year or so...so 730K wasn't a big deal...dumping gas was not required to fly an absolutely safe 1.3xVstall approach...we do it in the sim all the time and often in the jet when we shut one down for a MX problem. The TR N LKD light illuminated...shut it down and returned. It wasn't rushed...it is normal for us to just get vectors or a visual back to land. There were other factors...automation?, new glass?, heads down?, CRM?, etc. The flaps were 40% which is preferred if landing distance is not a factor so they should have had plenty of energy not to have to worry about dumping gas. The option is there...some guys brief the engineer, "if I lose 2 you are cleared to dump everything but the mains." This should keep us from flying a subterranean altitude.

Jayman

Latest resources

Back