• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

C-5 Crash animation and CVR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For engine failures in the P-3, we go "Full Foward" on the failed engine power lever. So, if you put one of the operating engines full forward by mistake, you'd know about it pretty quickly.

Oh-ryan said:
For engine failures in the P-3, we go "Full Foward" on the failed engine power lever. So, if you put one of the operating engines full forward by mistake, you'd know about it pretty quickly.

Sounds like a good way to make sure you don't have the problem the C-5 guys did. One problem for the C-5 crews, however. On just about every training mission (I'd say near 100%) -- the crews fly "engine out" procedures. The way it's simulated is to fly around with the "dead" engine in idle (not allowed to ACTUALLY shut down the engine). A habit pattern develops where you ignore the throttle at idle (since you have to leave it alone, until you push it up on the touch and go, or until you have to terminate the engine out training). Since most people do the same in an actual emergency as the do in training, C-5 guys have a tendency to leave a throttle in idle during an actual engine shut down. (Even though matching the throttles is taught by the simulator contractor).

Until this accident, in over 30 years, it's not been a factor.

All right, dudes. I've taken some self-inflicted and in most cases, deserved abuse on this thread, so let me try to dig out of this hole I've dug myself.

My first post on this thread, I did indeed jump on propjob27 for posting that video link on this thread. I'm a bit sensitive about the accident, as I know all of the dudes on the mishap flight. I was not one of the crewmembers on that flight. I will say watch what you say/post about mistakes others pilots make as they seem to come back to you. Call it karma, call it bad luck, fate, whatever. All of us in the wing have been theatened with prosecution if we are caught in the mere posession of the video, let alone forwarding it in emails or posting it on a website. Imagine if it were you and the impact it would have on your unit, company, or family. I do believe there is much education to be gained from watching the video in the proper forum. So I'll galdly take the hit here for calling someone out for posting the video link.

The second post I made in response to ReportCanoa was indeed a joke and intended to bust his/her stones. A d1ck move, I'll admit, but a relatively funny one considering the level of ba11 busting that goes on here. I stand behind the statement that this post was indeed a joke and I wasn't about to sick the AF Safety nazis on anyone. If you thought it was funny, thanks, if you thought it was a juvenile post, sorry if you were offended.

The third post told of a Dover AFB safety officer that is in deep sh1t after emailing the video to folks that shouldn't see it or have a need to know. This is indeed true, though using the term "convicted" was general and not entirely accurate. I will research what has happened or is happening to this retired Air Force officer, but I have been told repeatedly the AF is going after his retirement. A quick check of the facts will reveal what is happening to him and I will let you all know when I find out for sure. This post was shot from the hip and made me look like an a$$. My bad here.

I will take a mandatory one-month hiatus from flightinfo.com as punishment for my misdeeds. I will also agree to a thorough spanking from the woman in ClickClickBoom's avtar.

Hate away if you like, I probably deserve it.

Fly safe, Hag

Hey Hag, I was just about give you a piece of my mind too, but I gotta give you credit for standing tall and issuing a man's apology. No hatred here. Hope the others find it in their heart to forgive.

Hag, I consider the matter closed now that you've clarified your remarks in a way that all can understand. I don't see a need for you to sit down.

You've exited the fur ball, and as far as I'm concerned you are free to regenerate and reenter.

anyone notice they talked about landing with a different flap setting then the pilot asked for flaps full or landing. The flaps went to full and the other guys started comenting about it so they went back to a 30 degree or so setting.

Full flaps with the dreaded two engines didn't help much i bet.

Whine Lover said:
Hagar17,

Now I just fly airplanes and drink beer.

Barney

I hope not within eight feet of each other?:beer:

Hagar17 said:
All right, dudes. I've taken some self-inflicted and in most cases, deserved abuse on this thread, so let me try to dig out of this hole I've dug myself.

My first post on this thread, I did indeed jump on propjob27 for posting that video link on this thread. I'm a bit sensitive about the accident, as I know all of the dudes on the mishap flight. I was not one of the crewmembers on that flight. I will say watch what you say/post about mistakes others pilots make as they seem to come back to you. Call it karma, call it bad luck, fate, whatever. All of us in the wing have been theatened with prosecution if we are caught in the mere posession of the video, let alone forwarding it in emails or posting it on a website. Imagine if it were you and the impact it would have on your unit, company, or family. I do believe there is much education to be gained from watching the video in the proper forum. So I'll galdly take the hit here for calling someone out for posting the video link.

The second post I made in response to ReportCanoa was indeed a joke and intended to bust his/her stones. A d1ck move, I'll admit, but a relatively funny one considering the level of ba11 busting that goes on here. I stand behind the statement that this post was indeed a joke and I wasn't about to sick the AF Safety nazis on anyone. If you thought it was funny, thanks, if you thought it was a juvenile post, sorry if you were offended.

The third post told of a Dover AFB safety officer that is in deep sh1t after emailing the video to folks that shouldn't see it or have a need to know. This is indeed true, though using the term "convicted" was general and not entirely accurate. I will research what has happened or is happening to this retired Air Force officer, but I have been told repeatedly the AF is going after his retirement. A quick check of the facts will reveal what is happening to him and I will let you all know when I find out for sure. This post was shot from the hip and made me look like an a$$. My bad here.

I will take a mandatory one-month hiatus from flightinfo.com as punishment for my misdeeds. I will also agree to a thorough spanking from the woman in ClickClickBoom's avtar.

Hate away if you like, I probably deserve it.

Fly safe, Hag

hope i never make any mistakes flying with u at fdx, not funny..

Latest resources

Back