Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
Dont know much about this one yet, do know that C-421 went down after takeoff, crashed into a building just northwest of the airport. Sounds like everyone got out alive.

A couple of our guys heard and saw it. (Not me though). From what they told me, he came in from the northwest with an engine feathered, cut a wide turn through O'hare's surface area, lined up for 34 touched down then tried to go around. Apparently it was a good looking landing too. He poured on the coals and started to Vmc roll, reduced power on the good engine and put his wing into that building, spun 180 and slid on his belly. Nobody hurt. Now the eggbeaters are hovering 1/2 mile from the end of 16 for the past 2 hours.

Word is....the worst part about it...the guy doenst have a private license, let alone a multi engine rating. Been toolin around with a student certificate, and had his kid with him this time, went to the hospital.

Anyone know the truth to this?

AlabamaMan!! said:
Word is....the worst part about it...the guy doenst have a private license, let alone a multi engine rating. Been toolin around with a student certificate, and had his kid with him this time, went to the hospital.

Anyone know the truth to this?

I know the guy, while I cannot confirm this, it would not come as a big surprise to me at all.

Single engine go arounds...I can't even pity fools that do such a thing, certificated or not.

Good to hear everyone was okay

FN FAL said:
Single engine go arounds...I can't even pity fools that do such a thing, certificated or not.

Hey now - you can't tell me you've never done a single engine go-around in the plane you fly! ;)

siucavflight said:
I know the guy, while I cannot confirm this, it would not come as a big surprise to me at all.

Did he used to fly his own Aztec?

Latest resources

Back