• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

C-421 down PWK

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
Total Time
Dont know much about this one yet, do know that C-421 went down after takeoff, crashed into a building just northwest of the airport. Sounds like everyone got out alive.

Gutenberg

Total Time

A couple of our guys heard and saw it. (Not me though). From what they told me, he came in from the northwest with an engine feathered, cut a wide turn through O'hare's surface area, lined up for 34 touched down then tried to go around. Apparently it was a good looking landing too. He poured on the coals and started to Vmc roll, reduced power on the good engine and put his wing into that building, spun 180 and slid on his belly. Nobody hurt. Now the eggbeaters are hovering 1/2 mile from the end of 16 for the past 2 hours.

AlabamaMan!!

You broke muthafu*as!!!!
Total Time
Word is....the worst part about it...the guy doenst have a private license, let alone a multi engine rating. Been toolin around with a student certificate, and had his kid with him this time, went to the hospital.

Anyone know the truth to this?

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
Total Time
AlabamaMan!! said:
Word is....the worst part about it...the guy doenst have a private license, let alone a multi engine rating. Been toolin around with a student certificate, and had his kid with him this time, went to the hospital.

Anyone know the truth to this?

I know the guy, while I cannot confirm this, it would not come as a big surprise to me at all.

FN FAL

Freight Dawgs Rule
Total Time
7,000+
Single engine go arounds...I can't even pity fools that do such a thing, certificated or not.

C172gal05

Fr8T Dawg in Training
Total Time
A bit
Good to hear everyone was okay

bigD

Total Time
4.9e17
FN FAL said:
Single engine go arounds...I can't even pity fools that do such a thing, certificated or not.

Hey now - you can't tell me you've never done a single engine go-around in the plane you fly! ;)

DX Rick

Total Time
siucavflight said:
I know the guy, while I cannot confirm this, it would not come as a big surprise to me at all.

Did he used to fly his own Aztec?

FN FAL

Freight Dawgs Rule
Total Time
7,000+
bigD said:
Hey now - you can't tell me you've never done a single engine go-around in the plane you fly! ;)
Yes, but that's why I can't pitty the fool...I used up all of mine on me! :D

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
Total Time
DX Rick said:
Did he used to fly his own Aztec?

Nope, but he did crash his saratoga last year.

I guess he is very good at crashing.

P.S. There were only very minor injuries, that is why I joke.

banned username 2

Banned
Banned User
siucavflight said:
Nope, but he did crash his saratoga last year.

I guess he is very good at crashing.

P.S. There were only very minor injuries, that is why I joke.
Please tell me this isn't "Chester"...

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
Total Time
Falcon Capt said:
Please tell me this isn't "Chester"...

This isnt "chester";)

MissKittyKat

Total Time
Wow, thanks for the post! Terrible pictures, so glad the pilots are safe and sound, was out there this afternoon, again thanks for the post and pictures!

(glad i wasn't involved) and soooooooooooooooo happy to know no one perished, good luck to the guys!

MissKittyKat

Bryan D

Total Time
45 yrs
"The Cessna 421 crashed in an industrial park in Wheeling. Nate and Ben Mortkovitch were able to walk away from the crash. Their plane is based at Palwaukee Airport. "

It appears that neither had a multi rating. Nate has a SEL with instrument rating.

Gulfstream 200

Database Expert
Total Time
Bryan D said:
It appears that neither had a multi rating. Nate has a SEL with instrument rating.

well he only had one engine right???

bet my lawyer could run with that one - no problem.

back in the air next week bro.

;) .

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
Total Time
Bryan D said:

Ha, you would think that after crashing a Saratoga, your replacement plane would not be a 421. But I guess some people never learn.

My guess is that the FAA will never allow this guy to fly again.

eggman76

Total Time
I'm just gonna go out on a limb and guess that with no ME he'll also have no insurance?