C-421 down PWK

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
eggman76 said:
I'm just gonna go out on a limb and guess that with no ME he'll also have no insurance?
Good point, or if he does have insurance, they aren't going to cover this accident... Expensive lesson to learn...

But like the old saying goes:

"Life's tough, it's even tougher when your stupid"

Also, according to the Airman Registry he got his IR on 3/2/05? A 421 with 5 months of instrument experience?

eggman76 said:
Also, according to the Airman Registry he got his IR on 3/2/05? A 421 with 5 months of instrument experience?
What's that got anything to do with it? They put 300 hour dorks in the right seat of a jet.

I feel sorry for this guys MEI / CFI... You know the feds are going to be knocking on his door...

-CaKe

Falcon Capt said:
But like the old saying goes:

"Life's tough, it's even tougher when your stupid"

You know that's not entirely true. I think life is more difficult for the smart people who must put up with stupid ones every day!

I'm glad he is safe.

IF HE DOES NOT HAVE A MULTI RATING, he must be beaten with tiedown chains for putting a black mark on our industry.

Since everyone is so into 'scab lists' these days, perhaps we ought to have alist of people who disgrace our industry in this manner. No pilot will speak to him and no FBO will fuel him.

Last edited:
Rumor at PWK is that this is this guys 3rd crash. After the second one they yanked his certificates and told him if he wanted them back he had to redo all the training. Thus the relatively new issuance on the instrument ticket, he just got it back a few months ago. Rumor is also that he did not have insurance. He asked to be trained in the 421 at a couple of the flight schools at PWK and noone would do it. Also heard he had to go to Wisconsin for the instrument ride b/c the Chicago examiners won't get near him. Just what I'm hearing but it all seems to fit.

cale

Latest resources

Back