Bye, Bye--General Lee

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dave Benjamin said:
Although I wasn't an English major when you make a comment like "pretty classy for a commuter pilot" it implies something. Had you written "pretty classy for a fellow pilot" then you would not be having this dialogue right now.

Two points if I may sport.

1. "Commuter pilot" is an inocuous term. Unless of course you consider them "lowly" and beneath you, which you apparently do and are offended by being referred to as a "commuter pilot". Perhaps you shouldn't be such an elitist.

2. I used the term "commuter pilot", not because I consider them "lowly" and second rate, but because IFLY apparently does. So much so that he banned GL for using the term.

At least be a man and admit to your opinion. It's not like anyone knows who you are because like most posters you hide behind an alias. Just another pus$y behind the keyboard.

Now there's another classy response. Speaks volumes.

FDJ2 may have a point. Well, whatever, I am thankful to be with ASA but, I wish, (in the past) that I was on at Delta. In life, aviation can throw a wicked curve-ball. So, what to do? You go with your gut? One decision your shopping for your next Porsche, the other your trying to sell that Porsche!

So the lesson should be to live in your means no matter what the income level! I know we all know people living above their means. Don't be that person!

God bless all on the board and have a great night!! Cheers- Rum

FDJ2 said:
Now there's another classy response. Speaks volumes.

No offense at being called a commuter pilot. The jokes on you though when you look at the route map and realize that the "commuter routes" are only a small portion of the flying and many of the city pairs are flying you used to do in a narrowbody. And if you don't manage to hold on to scope (good luck with the court by the way) you'll be watching "your flying" go to 76-90 seat RJ's being flown by "commuter" pilots. Then maybe you'll realize that the term "commuter pilot" is a misnomer which of course it already is. Even the term regional hardly fits companies like SkyWest, ExpressJet, Comair, and ASA. But if you feel better about yourself referring to the mainline replacement/feed as commuters then you should use the term frequently. You've got to have something to help you feel better while your management and the court are conducting a legalized form of robbery.

FDJ2 said:
I believe that is your perception and that's too bad.

Right!!! Only MY perception. I beleive if you listen more carefully, thats what many around here have been trying to say, and the sad part is you guys don't see that IS your attitudes and your personas in talking with us.

79%N1 said:
Right!!! Only MY perception. I beleive if you listen more carefully, thats what many around here have been trying to say, and the sad part is you guys don't see that IS your attitudes and your personas in talking with us.

Again, I think it is just your perception. Perhaps your own defensiveness, or insecurity makes you feel like the mainline pilots look down on you. It probably doesn't matter what a mainline pilot says, you'll still feel the same.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back