• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bye bye Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Climbhappy...nope upgrade hours are still the same. Actually Beech ugrades are gonna slow way down since we are getting rid of one Beech per month and replacing it with a Saab. General...Find out the first day or 2 of class they said that this class will be pretty close to 50/50 J41 and ERJ guys. Maybe I can get a cup holder that will be nice.

flying a jet is cool. last night i pushed the PA by mistake and when I was responding to the FA call, I answered, "Hello, Hello,
Hello" the passengers erupted. this one FA fed me mcdonald's cheesecurgers all week. i never knew jet jockeys had all the fun.

Man, there sure are a lot of you Colgan guys headed to TSA. I have a friend that was a Colgan FO that just got on with TSA as well.

WhiteCloud said:
Congratulations on your move to TSA. OK.... Trans States can be a tough place to work and employees are treated as somewhat of a nusiance.
Not true. We are treated pretty well and our current MEC does a good job in protecting us from abuse.
The training is demanding and the company is run on a shoestring. The cheapest of everything except the airplanes.

All training is demanding, and your right but some of our airplanes are cheap too, we bought about 10 USED EMB-145's and they are ordering all the new ones without thrustreversers to save money.

Possible IAD base if that's what you want. A real seniority system. ALPA (well....it's better than good will from the Colgans) Most important....they will be around regardless of what happens to their major airline "partners". They have no loyalty to any particular major. When TWA tanked TSA just moved on to greener pastures. They'll do the same if UAL or their other "partners" belly up.

Welcome aboard! Trans States is really a great place to work. You can also bet on seing some 70 seat RJ's here before too long our MEC (ALPA) is currently in negotiations for 70 seat payscales that dont resemble Mesa's.

Big talk right now of expanding IAD with United. A domicile is possible.

TSA Pilot

TSA Pilot said:
Not true. We are treated pretty well and our current MEC does a good job in protecting us from abuse.

If that's true then things have improved greatly at TSA since I was there (8 years ago). I enjoyed my time at TSA and learned a lot while I was there. Hopefully the MEC doesn't have to work to hard to protect you from abuse.

GateGirl said:
school is great, I am having sooo much fun!

Ask her about the fish she just killed.

Ask her about the fish she just killed.

I didnt kill it on purpose... (Dont worry Charlie the ops fish is still alive, this was another fish, a gold fish!) It just died so we threw it over the balcony... Poor thing...

Thats what happens when you buy a fish for 24 cents.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back