• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Buying a type rating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GOOD companies to work for don't require training contracts or for you to pay for training, hotels while at training, etc... Good companies hire the right guys and the right guys don't leave good companies.

Argue if you want-but I'm right.

It's no rocket science... when airlines are hiring en masse and I mean major airlines and legacies, little dirtbag 135 operators who are so snotty right now about hiring any former airline drivers, will hire anyone willing to walk through their doors and pay for their type.

It's very much like buyer's market vs. seller's market.

Can anyone shed some light on the various financing resources for buying a type rating?
I dont know for certain but trying to get a loan in this economy, for a type rating that has no value to the lender is probably next to impossible.

Years ago my previous employer wanted me to pay for King Air 200 initial. I told him thanks but no thanks. I had worked for him for 3 years by this time.

I knew that if I paid for it he wouldn't use me as much as the guys who didn't pay for it. Also I felt it was BS because he was trying to be cheap and he knew I wasn't going to go anywhere with it.

I told him no he accepted it and sent me to school anyway. Then he used me for every trip because he had to repay his investment. It was my idea of job security.

Latest resources

Back