• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Buying a 737 NG type

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you are really desperate buy a G4 rating and post your profile on flycontract.com.
And learn a little of Chinese or Russian to get first job to get good experience and pay off the first house.

Don't do it!
There are some hard times ahead for SWA. As soon as Herb is really out of the picture there will be regional partners and 15 year FO's with no hiring. And sure enough not many retirements for a long time. Not to mention 4 legged days with 30 minute turns, domestic only and the same airplane for the rest of your days.

Any other airline will look unfavorably on "pay for your own training to get ahead of every one else" career choice. It smells scabby for normal airlines.

That is some of the worst advise and bad information I have ever heard. Now if EMB would just give a couple of stock tips I could make a mint by doing the opposite. :)

I've been furloughed for the last 8 months and I am considering buying a 737NG type for around $15,000.
I have 5K tt and have been flying turbo props that last 10 years. I have my own set of pros and cons to doing this but was looking for some more input.
Lastly, I understand the time on type catch 22. I am willing to go overseas due to the fact that some may not require TOT.

It is really bad when we have to buy our type ratings to get a job....plus how much time will you have in a 737...that will be a wall you will run into especially with all the folks on furlough with the type and the time. Save the 15k.

Many operators will type (PIC) you when you are in training...for FREE. Just no one is hiring right now.

Latest resources

Back